Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

66 Posts

01-21-2013

Seattle, Washington, USA

105 Signins

770 Page Views

• Views: 770
  • Message 1 of 11

Bluetooth problems with Microsoft Wedge KB (and Wedge mouse): repeating keys

2013-04-27, 21:40 PM

I have a TPT2 and bought a Microsoft Wedge Keyboard and Wedge Mouse. They're both quite cool.

However, the Wedge Keyboard will sometimes repeat a key that's pressed infinitely. Usually pressing another key stops it, but not always. Often, moving the mouse stops it (huh?) But I have had one situation where the repeat started (with no mouse connected) and even REMOVING THE BATTERY FROM THE KEYBOARD didn't stop the repeat.

That tells me that the problem may not be in the keyboard at all, but may be in the TPT2's Bluetooth adapter/software. (That and that searching the Internet for this problem mostly only shows issues with the TPT2.)

Often, turning various pieces (mouse, keyboard, TPT2) off and on eventually solves the problem. Sometimes turning Bluetooth off and on helps.

Any ideas? Mark_Lenovo, is this something you can let the hardware people know about?

Options

86 Posts

04-27-2013

Bangkok, Thailand

869 Signins

3906 Page Views

• Views: 3906
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: Bluetooth problems with Microsoft Wedge KB (and Wedge mouse): repeating keys

2013-04-28, 0:01 AM

Fwiw: I have exactly the same problem using these devices with my Asus VivoTab Smart.

I own both the Asus and the Lenovo TPT2 (in fact, I bought the TPT2 because I was disappointed in Asus build quality).  The problem is less prominent on the Asus. I have experimented with different versions of Broadcom Serial Bus Driver over UART - the Asus running the latest available (from Dell for their Latitude 10): 12.0.0.6100.  Installing the same version on the TPT2 did not help at all. As BT and Wi-Fi are closely entangled: Both the Asus and the TPT2 have the latest Wi-Fi drivers installed (the one Lenovo call Beta-drivers but have been available from other vendors for more than ten days already). In general, the Lenovo drivers are quite dated and my hope is that a combination of new drivers for Wi-Fi and BT and a new BIOS might improve things.

Options

17 Posts

11-27-2011

Ha noi - Viet nam

103 Signins

509 Page Views

• Views: 509
  • Message 3 of 11

Re: Bluetooth problems with Microsoft Wedge KB (and Wedge mouse): repeating keys

2013-04-28, 6:43 AM
Unfortunately, I got this problem when using Thinkpad Bluetooth Keyboard with Stand and Thinkpad Bluetooth Mouse at the same time through bluetooth connection. If I disconnect the mouse, the keyboard works perfectly

Since the optical mouse built-in Bluetooth Keyboard is not quite good and not comfortably use, I have to use USB Wireless mouse instead.

Does anyone know how to use Thinkpad Bluetooth mouse & keyboard at the same time?
Options

161 Posts

02-24-2013

Poland

542 Signins

4061 Page Views

• Views: 4061
  • Message 4 of 11

2013-04-28, 9:17 AM

I have original TPT2 BT keyboard/stand and have to use a mouse with a USB dongle.

This combination works OK.

Have tried MS Scoulp touch mouse, but this totally disrupted keyboard and mouse was not running smoothly, so I had to returned it to the shop.

I tried all the tweaks I thought of in WiFi driver settings (actually being also a BT driver as it looks from advanced settings), but nothing helped.

I remember from my thread someone found the combination of MS wedge keyboard and mouse working.

Why o why Lenovo did not invented physically connected keyboard with additional ports and a battery - like Iconia?

My thread of the same problem here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/TPT2-with-BT-keyboard-amp-BT-mouse/m-p/1042707

13 Posts

04-21-2013

Korea

23 Signins

217 Page Views

• Views: 217
  • Message 5 of 11

2013-04-28, 12:55 PM

Wow, I can see that others have the same problem with TPT2's BT.

I experienced the continuous input problem when using the TPT2's original BT keyboard with the Logitech M555b BT mouse connected at the same time.

The annoying thing is.....when using the BT keyboard and mouse together, after certain time (minutes) passes, the BT icon in the tray disappears and all BT devices stop working. And when I check the Windows Device Manager, it shows there is a problem with the BT driver. This can be solved after removing it and refreshing the hardware detection and the BT driver will be reinstalled automatically. And it will work.

I hope that Lenovo comes up with a BT driver update and also an Intel BIOS update also.

Options

4 Posts

01-28-2010

Colorado,US

4 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 6 of 11

2013-04-30, 16:50 PM

I am having the same problem using the TPT2 Bluetooth keyboard and the lenovo Bluetooth mouse. It sure is frustrating that Lenovo suggests both products for the TPT2 but then doesn't support them both together.

I'm guessing that this is a conflict between the optical mouse on the keyboard and the Bluetooth mouse but possibly not seeing that others are having troubles with a normal Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Sure hope a solution is sent out soon. While the optical trackpoint is convenient, it is not as good as using a mouse.

Options

66 Posts

01-21-2013

Seattle, Washington, USA

105 Signins

770 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2013-04-30, 17:47 PM

Looks like the problem is more likely the TPT2 than the keyboards/mice.

Options

13 Posts

04-21-2013

Korea

23 Signins

217 Page Views

• Views: 217
  • Message 8 of 11

2013-05-07, 2:44 AM

Same with me. I'm also using the TPT2's original BT keyboard with the Logitech M555b BT mouse. When the mouse works, the keyboard won't and when the keyboard works, the mouse won't.

And also the same problem with the BT icon disappearing.

So to use the TPT2's keyboard with a mouse, you have to use an RF mouse with a dongle. This means your lossing the only USB port on the TPT2.

Options

4 Posts

01-28-2010

Colorado,US

4 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 9 of 11

2013-05-07, 22:09 PM

Looks like I figured out a workaround for those using the TPT2 bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth mouse.

It seems like this is caused by a conflict between the bluetooth mouse and the optical pointer on the keyboard. This isn't an ideal fix but it works as far as I can tell. You basically need to disable the optical pointer in Device Manager.

While in the Start Menu, go to Settings in the right slide menu. Go to the "Change PC Settings'. Under Devices, Remove the TPT2 keyboard using the (-) button. Restart the TPT2 (might not have to do this). 

Next go to the desktop and go to the Settings in the right slide menu. This time go to the Control Panel. Go to Hardware and Sound. Open Device Manager that is under Devices and Printers.

Under "Mice and other pointing devies" right click on all HID-Compliant Mouse listed and under Properties note the location of each one (eg. I had two listed, one at location 4097 and one at I2C HID Device). 

Go back to Devices under "Change PC Settings" and reconnect to the TPT2 Keyboard. Once the keyboard is fully installed return to Device Manager and find the new HID-Complient Mouse (the one with the new location under Properties). In the Properties of the new HID-Complient Mouse, click on the Driver tab and Disable the device. 

You should now be able to succesfully use your TPT2 Keyboard and a bluetooth mouse. The optical pointer on the keyboard will no longer work but you can easily reanable it by enabling the driver in Device Manager.

Options

66 Posts

01-21-2013

Seattle, Washington, USA

105 Signins

770 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2013-05-07, 22:16 PM

I've had this show up with JUST the Microsoft Wedge keyboard--on a couple of occasions, turning the keyboard off did NOT stop the repeating.

Interestingly, I have a Palm folding Bluetooth keyboard which NEVER has the problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms