Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kiwipeach
Blue Screen Again
Views: 72
Message 1 of 2

Cannot access imei on Thinkpad x1 gen3 2-in-1 tablet to set up LTE

I've spent 1.5k on this new tablets in hopes of setting up cellular service to have internet access everywhere i go. Problem is, there isn't hide nor hair of the imei number that the service provider needs to hook me up with it. 

I customized my machine /specifically/ to have access to wwan and thus LTE capable. I've spent 2+ hours with the carrier, ~an hour through phone customer service, and much more time digging for an answer. 

I simply can't find a solution and am beginning to wonder if the product i recieved either wasnt made to my specifications, or if it is due to faulty software/hardware. 

Below is the configuration that i had ordered. 

Screenshot_20181206-175814.png

Screenshot_20181206-175826.png

Screenshot_20181206-175855.png

Screenshot_20181206-175844.png

Cloud9AeroDsign
Paper Tape
Views: 7
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot access imei on Thinkpad x1 gen3 2-in-1 tablet to set up LTE

I had the LTE on mine as well, was working great - but then just recently stopped recognising the SIM card, and wouldn't display an IMEI in any settings window. I wonder if the updates broke the driver for the configuration. I have ordered a new SIM card, but think this might be a warranty issue.. curious to see if you have had any luck finding a solution. I couldn't access it through my phone providers app either, which  used to recognise my device. I recently pulled some updates and travelled with the tablet, so hopefully soon I'll have some feedback to share.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors