Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-05-2021

Israel

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

D330 shuts down shortly after turning on

2021-04-05, 19:31 PM

D330 shuts down after about 30 minutes of use and if I don't let it lay for a bit before turning on again it will shut down even earlier.

CPU temps don't get behind 60°.

Moderator comment: Moved to the proper forum. (NateS)

Options

1419 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

80 Signins

8240 Page Views

• Views: 8240
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:D330 shuts down shortly after turning on

2021-04-06, 15:43 PM

Hello sssss1111,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would suggest trying to run a troubleshooting your machine to isolate if this could be triggered by a hardware failure.

Would your machine specifically shutdown even when plugged in to charger and when running in battery mode?

Is this happening even when the battery percentage is beyond 90%?

Please try these steps.

Perform a static discharge/power cycle.
- Make sure there is still remaining battery power on the machine.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the machine (power, hdmi cable, external mouse/keyboard, etc).
- Ensure device is powered/switched off.
- Press and hold down power button for as long as 60 seconds.
- The machine should remain in off state. Try after 60 seconds, connect the power cable, turn the machine on again and initiate battery driver troubleshooting.

Try to uninstall battery driver from the Device Manager (Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery). Restart your machine afterwards. This should reset how Windows measure the battery charge and will reinstall automatically back after the restart.

Check if the same issue would occur, shortly after.

You may also check if the current BIOS version of your machine matches the recommended version from the support site. Enter your machine serial number to load up the correct drivers, go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual Update then check-compare the bios drivers.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-05-2021

Israel

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-04-06, 17:57 PM

I have done the power cycling and the battery driver reinstall and it didn't help.

Now the computer can barely work just long enough to do the driver reinstall and restart.

Options

1419 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

80 Signins

8240 Page Views

• Views: 8240
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-04-07, 18:17 PM

Hi sssss1111,

How would the machine go if it would run on safe mode with networking or simply on safe mode alone?

Have you tried to check if your machine can still access BIOS? To access BIOS: after performing the power drain/power cycle, find and poke the Novo button (a tiny pinhole with a U-turn arrow icon next to it) to turn on the device, the Novo menu will be shown in the screen.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-05-2021

Israel

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-04-07, 18:28 PM

I have already tried that it would still crash. I did successfully get into BIOS.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms