Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-08-2016

India

11 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 6

Does Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 have international warranty?

2016-10-08, 16:23 PM

I have bought Tablet 2 from ebay. The seller bought it form USA and shipped me in India. Now the tablet is not working and in service center for 10 months in India. Please support what to do now the tab went out of warranty. After 10 months reply from tabsupport@lenovo.com is as below..

"As per the e-mail, we understand that your tablet is with service center for repair.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will be glad to assist you.

We regret to inform you that as the Tablet is purchased in USA and Lenovo Idea Tablet do not have International Warranty Services, hence, we are unable to proceed further. we would like to inform you that the machine type model (MTM) varies from country to country. MTM Number differs country wise as per country requirement.

We request you to kindly collect your tablet from service center.

However, you may get in touch with USA support team for further support. Please find below the details of the team concerned. Once you click on the link mentioned below, select the country name the Tablet was purchased from.

https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/supportphonelist"

Options

1118 Posts

12-06-2012

Netherlands

6371 Signins

67362 Page Views

• Views: 67362
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Does Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 have international warranty?

2016-10-09, 13:23 PM

Well, if Lenovo Support did say: "Lenovo Idea Tablet do not have International Warranty Services...", then they have failed to understand that you have a ThinkPad Tablet 2 - It's a ThinkPad, not an IdeaPad.

ThinkPad is the Business brand of Lenovo, and International Warranty is part of the package. See this post - which also has a link to check whether IWS is available in India for the ThinkPad Tablet 2.

Having said that, the ThinkPad Tablet 2 is long since discontinued by Lenovo, so I'd be rather surprised if it is still within warranty.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Options

4 Posts

10-08-2016

India

11 Signins

94 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2016-10-09, 17:06 PM

Here is the time lapse for no support from lenovo.

22-05-2015 -- Device Purchased from ebay, Seller purchased it from USA and shipped me in India.

xx-09-2015 -- Device went dead. And same day submitted to Authorised local care center in Kolhapur, Mahrastra.

xx-10-2015 -- Device was return as the Serial No.  was not found in the  database.

31-12-2015 -- Device was resubmitted to Authorized Care Center in Pune, Maharastra, India.(Till today(09-10-2016) it is there). the device was purchased in USA, with no serial no found in their database hence No service ticket was generated by them.

12-02-2016 -  Same response came from  tabsupport@lenovo.com that to visit the care center as No Service Order was created as Serial No. was not found in database. 

12-03-2016 - Response from tabsupport@lenovo.com "We have escalated this case to concern Service Partner".

15-03-2015 - Response from tabsupport@lenovo.com "As per telephonic conversation, kindly hep us with the Invoice copy of the tablet, so that we can update the tablet warranty and log the case to resolve the tablet issue..

Invoice copy must have below details on it.

*  Serial Number of the tablet

*  Customer name and contact details

*  VAT and TIN Number

*  Dealer Stamp and Signature

Also kindly help us with Current address in India, so that we can register the tablet."

15-3-2016 - I called the seller and asked for innovice and other details he told that "This is to inform you that this tablet is bought directly from lenovo united states. You might be knowing, lenovo itself not provide any invoice along with shipments and sends packing slip as a proof of purchase. Packing slip contains serial number of the device, Customer name and contact details etc. I am enclosing the copy of original packing slip provided by lenovo"

Same day i sent the mail to tabsupport as seller said same.

16-03-2015 - Response from tabsupport@lenovo.com "Tablet is purchased from Ebay.in, hence we need invoice copy for the tablet to update the tablet warranty. We request you to kindly contact Dealer for Invoice Copy.

As the tablet submitted in Skylink Service Center on 30-Dec-2015 and tablet manufacturing warranty was expired on 6-Jan-2016, we are covering the tablet under warranty for repair for this time.

However in future if any issue occurred and tablet need any service, we need proper Invoice Copy of the tablet, so that we can able to help you as per warranty policy."

---How can warranty expired on 6 Jan, 2016 only in 6 months.

No response from lenovo till I sent the mail on 05-10-2016-

08-10-2016 -  Response from tabsupport@lenovo.com

"We regret to inform you that as the Tablet is purchased in USA and Lenovo Idea Tablet do not have International Warranty Services, hence, we are unable to proceed further. we would like to inform you that the machine type model (MTM) varies from country to country. MTM Number differs country wise as per country requirement.
We request you to kindly collect your tablet from service center.
However, you may get in touch with USA support team for further support. Please find below the details of the team concerned. Once you click on the link mentioned below, select the country name the Tablet was purchased from.

After 10 months they have found that device was purchased in USA, it is Ideapad and to collect the device from serice center.

Now the warranty has expired on 31-05-2016, how can i collect the device which submitted in warranty period (31-12-2015) and not yet repaired with given issues. Please help to solve this issue. Or can i sue the lenovo on not giving support.

Options

11972 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33120 Signins

1241620 Page Views

• Views: 1241620
  • Message 4 of 6

2016-10-10, 7:27 AM

Hello suyogpatil,

what is the MTM of your tablet please and could you also please post your current service case number. Please do not post your system serial number.

To warranty validation; Lenovo will adjust the warranty according to the purchase invoice issued by an authorized business partner or purchase invoice from Lenovo directly; sometimes a system can remain in a resellers warehouse or store for sometime before it is sold. If your ebay reseller is an authorized Lenovo reseller they will be able to provide this proof, if not the manufacture date of the system will be considered as the warranty commencement date until a purchase invoice is produced.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

4 Posts

10-08-2016

India

11 Signins

94 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2016-10-10, 7:48 AM

Hello Andy,

MTM of my Thinkpad tablet 2 is 3682 and the serivice center in pune, maharastra, india is refusing to repair because the device is purchased in usa and no Service Order was created because serial no or mtm for thinkpad tablet two was not found in their database. And current incident no is 161006-000265

Options

11972 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33120 Signins

1241620 Page Views

• Views: 1241620
  • Message 6 of 6

2016-10-10, 7:53 AM

Could you then please send me your serial number by private message; I'll see what I can find out for you.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms