10-02-2011

New Zealand

994 Signins

2451 Page Views

• Views: 2451
  • Message 41 of 55

Re: Drawing on the TPT!

2012-09-21, 4:24 AM

This update is epic. Sketchbook pro is vastly different. The main things are that the corner shortcuts and longtap for eyedropper now only work with your fingers, not the stylus.

This is GREAT. It means that now you can tap rapidly and draw very small without it missing the strokes because android is trying to figure out whether you're actually trying to longtap or doubletap.

It means I've bought SBP again. I got a refund before because the aforementioned problems made it completely unusable for someone who sketches rapidly like me. Before it was missing every third or fourth stroke, now it gets them all :)

Options

1 Posts

09-24-2012

Germany

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 42 of 55

2012-09-24, 18:57 PM

You could give ScribMaster a try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thoster.noteshare

The Ad-Version is free, there is an adfree-version costs 0.99$.

I developed the app mainly for my Thinkpad Tablet, so there is the option to only draw when using the stylus. Drawing itself is vector based, so you can zoom without seeing pixels.

I basically wanted to develop a simple messenger with drawing functionality, but now it is more a powerful drawing tool with some simple messenger functionalities. You don't have to create an account or use the sharing functions at all if you don't want to.

(Disclaimer: I am the developer of the application.)

Options

103 Posts

12-23-2011

South Carolina

97 Signins

945 Page Views

• Views: 945
  • Message 43 of 55

2012-09-24, 21:19 PM

wrote:

This update is epic. Sketchbook pro is vastly different. The main things are that the corner shortcuts and longtap for eyedropper now only work with your fingers, not the stylus.

This is GREAT. It means that now you can tap rapidly and draw very small without it missing the strokes because android is trying to figure out whether you're actually trying to longtap or doubletap.

It means I've bought SBP again. I got a refund before because the aforementioned problems made it completely unusable for someone who sketches rapidly like me. Before it was missing every third or fourth stroke, now it gets them all :)

Vijil I'm glad you are happy with SBP. But I on the other hand was still so disappointed! After waiting for such a long time for a really good update they gave us...drum-roll...." Now works with S-Pen!" Well whoop-de-doo! And this was only because Samsung probably gave them a monetary compensation. It's cool if you have a Samsung Note, But how about a real update! Like more layers as much as the iPad version, more than 10 undo's, a bigger size canvas, drawing in portrait and landscape, and stylus button assignment? If they would have come out with an update like this, this would have been an update worth waiting for. Me I'm happily using LayerPaint. This small company (compared to AutoDesk and Adobe) has put out a great drawing app! He continues to surprise me with regular updates and niffty tools. His last was a calibration tool to calibrate the stylus to the canvas! We're pushing for a better brush engine, I hope to see it soon he listen to his customers.

Options

250 Posts

05-30-2012

[ROW] Tomsk, Russia

381 Signins

5508 Page Views

• Views: 5508
  • Message 44 of 55

2012-09-25, 11:23 AM
Installed that layerpaint, been disappointed with it lime you with sbp..
Tablet mode? No - haven't heared.
Responsibility? - medium.
Quick tools switch - too hard to get used with.
More layers? Very doubtful feature..

What offers sbp is a quick, simple and powerful tool with however not best palm rejection, but best set of features accessible in 2 clicks..

How silly I bought it right before my tablet has gone :(
Options

61 Posts

09-21-2011

Germany

262 Signins

1093 Page Views

• Views: 1093
  • Message 45 of 55

2012-09-25, 14:42 PM

I like PS Touch. I got it recently for only 499 and it comes with a free, working tablet.

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
Options

103 Posts

12-23-2011

South Carolina

97 Signins

945 Page Views

• Message 46 of 55

2012-09-25, 21:16 PM

wrote:

I like PS Touch. I got it recently for only 499 and it comes with a free, working tablet.

Man what a deal...LOL!

Options

103 Posts

12-23-2011

South Carolina

97 Signins

945 Page Views

• Message 47 of 55

2012-09-25, 21:19 PM

wrote:
Installed that layerpaint, been disappointed with it lime you with sbp..
Tablet mode? No - haven't heared.
Responsibility? - medium.
Quick tools switch - too hard to get used with.
More layers? Very doubtful feature..

What offers sbp is a quick, simple and powerful tool with however not best palm rejection, but best set of features accessible in 2 clicks..

How silly I bought it right before my tablet has gone :(

Really? Knock yourself out with SBP and their "update every10 months" schedule, I'm sticking with LP and hoping TVPaint comes out with just a drawing app.

Options

250 Posts

05-30-2012

[ROW] Tomsk, Russia

381 Signins

5508 Page Views

• Views: 5508
  • Message 48 of 55

2012-09-26, 12:14 PM
>> Knock yourself out with SBP and their "update every10 months" schedule
Oh, that was bit rude..
At last it's autodesk - a leading brand with quite complete app.
Options

103 Posts

12-23-2011

South Carolina

97 Signins

945 Page Views

• Message 49 of 55

2012-09-26, 15:32 PM

wrote:
>> Knock yourself out with SBP and their "update every10 months" schedule
Oh, that was bit rude..
At last it's autodesk - a leading brand with quite complete app.

Oh man "Knock yourself out" sorry it's American slang I didn't mean as a slam personally to you. If I offended you please except my sincere apology! A poor choice of words!

Autodesk should be the leader, but In my eyes and hands it falls far short. But if you like it cool, but I was very disappointed.

Options

68 Posts

03-02-2012

Belize

71 Signins

560 Page Views

• Views: 560
  • Message 50 of 55

2012-10-02, 20:12 PM

I tried LP, but my lines seem so pixelated on my GNote.... Even with a 2K x 2K ppi canvas.  I don't know what, but it seems that I still can't find an app with which I can draw happily and unobstrusively (stress-free).  TVPaint, darn that's a app from hell, never took the time to go thru that whole thing, it was just too much to take all at once...

And when (if) they release a final version, I don't think that's gonna be a cheap app.  From what I see, the app is almost a straight conversion of their desktop app to Android.  The desktop app costs almost 500 bucks, so I don't think we'll have 5-bucks app here.

On the flip side (and too bad I had already bought it), the app sold for a quarter a day ago.  So if you bought it, hell, for 25c that's a hell of a deal for the app.

I'm still wishing for all those things GraphiArtist wishes for tho. I want those same things.

Ron

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms