02-25-2012 01:09 AM
02-25-2012 01:32 AM
02-25-2012 02:30 AM - edited 02-25-2012 02:32 AM
I updated and later connected a german layout USB-keyboard.
Had to switch to "german" android software keyboard (to get the right layout) and the hardware keyboard worked immediatly.
02-27-2012 03:41 PM
Hi guys, after I read GodfatherIP's topic about remapping hardware button on thinkpadtabletforums.com , I have an idea of remapping the Keyboard Folio with German layout. The problem was Honeycomb regconised the keyboard as English layout in almost every input method, exept Flex T9, which is so annoying and laggy and Lenovo have no intention in fixing it.
- my "original" Generic.kl file
- The keychar map file Generic.kcm I got from Riffer in XDA-Dev through his solution for XOOM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1
thank you Riffer
Im not sure Riffer's update.zip could be modified with Lenovo original Generic.kl because I have not enough knowledge about how an undate.zip created. So that I used the method that GodfatherIP did to remap the hardware buttons.http://www.thinkpadtabletforums.com/thinkpad-table
thank you GodfatherIP
- Reboot the TPT in CWM, plug it in your PC with USB
- in CWM choose "Mounts and storage" then "mount /system"
- execute cmd.exe on your PC, check if your device correctly connected with "adb devices" and then put the commands in:
adb pull /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
adb pull /system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm
move this two files to another place for backup, copy and overwrite the files I provide into your adb's default folder and then continue with the commands:
adb push Generic.kl /system/usr/keylayout/
adb push Generic.kcm /system/usr/keychars/
chmod 644 /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
chown system.system /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
chmod 644 /system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm
chown system.system /system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm
- Now your TPT is rebooted, go into Settings/Language & Input/ and choose Android's default German keyboard as your input method and the Keyboard Folio responses exactly as a QWERTZ layout. I've tried it with some other input methods, for example Go Tieng Viet, an Vietnamese-input keyboard app and it recognise the correct keychar too.
Hope you german members can do it too and report if smt wrong appears.