Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
FDP
Token Ring
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Gmail App. Currently Malfunctioning? NOT SOLVED!!!

[ Edited ]

Does anyone else find that the Gmail app is going haywire after you search through your past e-mails? After the search results populate on the left hand side of the screen, the right hand portion reserved for e-mail preview will flicker green, then after a few seconds I will be kicked back to my inbox. Also some e-mails never load, I just get the blue circle of boredom. 

Guessing this is all Google, but I have absolutely no way of knowing...

HDMI

Re: Gmail App. Currently Malfunctioning?

[ Edited ]

FDP wrote:

Does anyone else find that the Gmail app is going haywire after you search through your past e-mails? After the search results populate on the left hand side of the screen, the right hand portion reserved for e-mail preview will flicker green, then after a few seconds I will be kicked back to my inbox. Also some e-mails never load, I just get the blue circle of boredom. 

Guessing this is all Google, but I have absolutely no way of knowing...

Do yourself a favor and download K-9 email and bail on Google Gmail

Punch Card
0 Kudos

I am also experiencing the same problem. It only happens when I select a sub folder /label Any ideas Lenovo reps?
Punch Card
0 Kudos

I am having severe problems with gmail and google docs.

I had this old bluetooth fold up keyboard lying around (Think Outside brand), so I tried pairing it to the slate.  Surprisingly, it paired up fine and works okay with 'docs to go' and with all of the handful of websites I have tried (facebook and a few others) EXCEPT it doesn't work with gmail or google docs.  And I can't get the on-screen keyboard to come up for these sites either.  It seems very bizarre it works everywhere else, but not at these specific sites.

I would appreciate any suggestions,

Duane

FDP
Token Ring
0 Kudos

Thanks for the K9 recommendation. My only worry there is a known bug with K9 that can prematurely send emails (described on market). I can't afford to have that happen with work email. Gmail works fantastically on my phone and on other tablets. Seems like this should be a priority fix for Lenovo/Google, as it's one of the flagship applications on Android.
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Yes same problem here. Sometimes its okay sometimes it goes haywire with flickering green area.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

Was anybody able to figure out how to fix this issue? I tried searching my old email today and gmail just goes into a loop of displaying the results and reloading again and again. This functionality had worked fine even using my old G1. Is there a problem with the app for honeycomb in general or just with this device? Any suggestions? For multiple reasons I can't really stop using gmail at this point.

Thank you

HDMI
0 Kudos

Can't stop using gmail or can't stop using your gmail account.

I have not had any issues at all with gmail

Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

I can use my gmail account just fine and I do receive emails using gmail, but the search function for gmail does not work and behaves as it was described above by other users. What I meant is that I am not willing to switch to a different email provider as it was suggested before, so I was hoping somebody found a work around.
Planemaker, is your search function for gmail working correctly?
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Same problem here.

Hopefully a new system update is close with a fix included.