03-13-2012 12:17 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-20-2012 02:20 PM
Quick Solution from myself:
you have to change in the following file with the name 'yourname.lenovoconfig' in second row the uuid, which you can see under settings / location and security / Configuration Profiles. The uuid is the long alphanumerical code of the settings which has been installed by the exchange server. You are able to change also th eDevice Settings above, I blocked for instance Dataroaming.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <lenovoconfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="lenovoconfig.xsd" uuid="xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx"> <Header> <DisplayName>Sample policy</DisplayName> <Author></Author> <Source>Manual</Source> <AllowUserRemove>yes</AllowUserRemove> <RebootOnApply>no</RebootOnApply> </Header> <LenovoConfigSettings> </LenovoConfigSettings> <LenovoPolicySettings> <DeviceControl> <Camera>Allow</Camera> <SDCardSlot>Allow</SDCardSlot> <Mic>Allow</Mic> <Bluetooth>Allow</Bluetooth> <DataRoaming>Block</DataRoaming> <USBPort>Allow</USBPort> <MicroUSBPort>Allow</MicroUSBPort> <SDCardSlot>Allow</SDCardSlot> <UnknownSources>Allow</UnknownSources> <USBDebugging>Allow</USBDebugging> <Wifi>Allow</Wifi> <HDMI>Allow</HDMI> <Tethering>Allow</Tethering> <Hotspot>Allow</Hotspot> </DeviceControl> </LenovoPolicySettings> <AndroidPolicySettings> </AndroidPolicySettings> </lenovoconfig>
What you have to do step by step:
1. Setup the Exchange Account
2. Note the uuid from the Exchange Server in the settings down
3. Delete the Exchange Account
4. Adapt the uuid and your Settings in above Sourcecode and send it to your Lenovo over email - for instance your googlemail.
5. Click on the lenovoconfig File and the Lenovo-Profilmanager will install it
6. Again connect to your Exchange Server.
7. Now everything should work how you set it up Lenovo Support holds a sample file with all setting possibilities which could be very usefull. My Settings are only a small Setup to come around the Problem. Hope to here Form everyone i have been able to help.
03-20-2012 02:25 PM - edited 03-23-2012 01:36 PM
Only a solution for the Moment....... quick and helpful.... but the Problem still there from Lenovo side?!
03-21-2012 01:17 PM
Quick Solution from myself:
you have to change in the following file with the name 'yourname.lenovoconfig' in second row the uuid, which you can see under settings / location and security / Configuration Profiles. The uuid is the long alphanumerical code of the settings which has been installed by the exchange server.
Thank you so much for this "simple" solution. I have asked the same question as you 3 month ago, but found no solution. The only answer in the forum was to use another mailclient.