Options

31 Posts

11-14-2012

US

147 Signins

774 Page Views

• Views: 774
  • Message 1 of 3

Helix 2 touch screen gone after latest bios update.

2018-08-26, 18:50 PM

Hi Guys,

So I have an issue with my old Helix 2.

The Stylus quite working back a while back but I have been making do with the touch screen.

Last week after multiple notifications that I needed to make updates, I finally caved and allowed it to make

what I thought were going to be security updates.

I did the usual and plugged in and followed the wizard, and found that it was a Bios update.

Now that it is done, I no longer have touch screen, GREAT I HAVE A LOW POWER laptop now.

I went in and downloaded the driver for the Wacom driver from Lenovo's site and went to install and it stated that

the folder was already present did I want to install anyways. I said yes as maybe the driver was corrupted in the bios update.

After all done with that I reboot and still no success.

So I  go into Control panel/ Hardware/ Pen and touch input. It prompts that that this device is not a recognized

tablet device. Arggh!

So somehow on the bios update it has changed the device to not be recognized as a tablet with multitouch and probably disabled

the non functioning stylus also.

Any ideas?

I have thought of going into the bios and see if there was anything I could change there however, I could not find anything that

would restore the function.

I also have gone back to Lenovo's site and checked the Bios against what I have and they match.

I even looked to see if there was an earlier version available and no luck there.

I am really considering changing brands at this point.

I have on my desk a Helix gen 1 that lost touch screen support years ago.

A Helix 2 that has neither touch screen or stylus support.

And the newest device a tablet X1 gen 1 512 GB 16GB ram M7,  which has been shelved as when it goes into sleep mode it won't wake up.

I can force this one to due a reset if I remove both batteries, and go through lots of juggling of being on power supply and changing to battery support while the rear cover is off, but once it goes to sleep or shuts off same problem all over again.

up or reset from the hard reset button. 

Options

1 Posts

12-10-2018

US

11 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Helix 2 touch screen gone after latest bios update.

2019-01-24, 0:53 AM

it's wack that bios update did my helix in like im vexed. :( 

Options

6 Posts

10-03-2019

NZ

8 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 3 of 3

Helix 2 touch screen gone after latest bios update.

2020-06-24, 0:26 AM
Maybe you can go to Wacom's website and get a driver directly from them. I did that once with a ThinkPad X60 Tablet. I think your problems are common with legacy tech. But with the X1T Gen 1, I've had a similar problem. Following in your footsteps at the mo, updating drivers tonight. Fingers crossed.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete