Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

201 Posts

04-18-2014

Toronto, ON

240 Signins

1956 Page Views

• Views: 1956
  • Message 1 of 2

I would like my screen digitizer replaced without losing my data. Is this possible?

2014-10-01, 18:22 PM

Hi Everyone,

Take a look at this video which shows what happened when I tried writing on my TPT2 after I turned it on.

It doesn't happen every time, and restarting often solves the problem, but when it does (which by the way occurs randomly), it can't recognize my writing properly. And when I write in other locations such as Journal or Paint, it looks just as messy and unlegible.

So I would like the Wacom digitizing layer replaced, but first I would like to know if sending my tablet to Lenovo Support to replace the digitizer would involve replacing my hard drive/motherboard, thus causing my data to be lost.

Thanks.

Student Thinker

Options

1118 Posts

12-06-2012

Netherlands

6371 Signins

67362 Page Views

• Views: 67362
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: I would like my screen digitizer replaced without losing my data. Is this possible?

2014-10-01, 18:51 PM

My advice would be to ALWAYS take a backup of your data before sending your device in to be serviced. It seems to be standard procedure to reimage a serviced device, even if it is not necessary. That's what happened to me when I sent my TPT2 into the German Service Centre to have a speaker replaced under warranty. I had taken the precaution of making a backup. I suggest you do the same.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms