Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
splotz
802.11n
Views: 1,533
Message 31 of 43

Re: ICS 4.0 Update announced for May 22nd 2012

Are you using a glove or screen protector or both?

A lot of people and also me have problems with not responing parts of the screen.

Me especially when on battery and writing on thr left of the screen.

Very annoying!

I will ask my grandma to knit me a glove without fingers

@gudism wrote:

problems with pen?

i use the pen on a daily basis for university and have no dramas.

using quill, ezypdf and lecture note.

____Pen fixed? Smiley Sad____ Brightness Fixed Smiley Happy, Backup? Root neededSmiley Indifferent__LenovoappshopSmiley Sad_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

henryfell
SCSI Port
Views: 1,325
Message 32 of 43

[Quote] I understand the difficulty in getting an update out, especially when its ICS. I wasn't upset or going complain about the long wait, until this weekend. After having purchased my thinkpad tablet (pre-ordered), I had a jealous girlfriend on my hands who I had to satisfy with a tablet as well. I went out and got her an Asus transformer back on blackfriday for $250 and had thought that at least she had something decent compared to my $500 tech. This weekend we were watching a video on her Asus and low and behold the update icon came up for her. She updated and right in front of me I saw icecream sandwich on a tablet that I spent half the amount of money and 100% less heartache and frustration. If Asus can push ICS out in a timely fashion then I don't see why Lenovo can't, especially after all the early adopters have had to go through. I regret this purchase once again just as I had in the months following its release. Between false promises for software and faulty hardware, I doubt we we ill ever see ICS. Perhaps next year.
[/Quote]
Dude too funny.Your story is my story 100% except I got mine the Sony Tablet S. Otherwise the same story about why she got it and IcS... ha here comes May!,
Trolls
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,244
Message 33 of 43

Why are you so eager to get ICS 4.0? Is there any particular feature that you need and don't have already?
jiv
802.11n
Views: 1,229
Message 34 of 43

@Trolls wrote:
Why are you so eager to get ICS 4.0? Is there any particular feature that you need and don't have already?

Some stability would be nice. I think a lot of people expect 4.0 to be more stable than the 3.1 we have right now.

manuelcalavera
Token Ring
Views: 1,173
Message 35 of 43

@Trolls wrote:

I myslef want the Pen Only Mode at OS level which is comming with ICS

----------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U
ThinkPad Tablet - 183822U
is1981
802.11n
Message 36 of 43

I have read somewhere (sorry, do not remember source) that Honeycomb was Google's experiment to see if tablets market is a good target for Android. Honeycomb is a good operating system, but looks too beta for the taste of most users (including me). This fact is the source of a lot of complains against the ThinkPad slate tablet.

Ice Cream Sandwich will have a large number of improvements in both UI design, operating system stability and general performance. Its new system font (Roboto) is more pleasant and easy to read on high-resolution tablet displays too.

In my humble opinion, sharing the operating system's source tree between smartphones and tablets will greatly improve bug fixing in next revisions of ICS (Lenovo, please, give us updates to these new ICS releases on the ThinkPad tablet!). Just think on the huge amount of users reporting bugs and testing the operating system. There is no an operating system for smartphones and an operating system for tablets anymore.

Multitasking and app management is much better in ICS too.

iceball
Punch Card
Views: 1,137
Message 37 of 43

Great NewsSmiley Happy

---------------------------------------------------
Thinkpad is good. Lenovo is bad!~
The forum is an "Iron Curtain" btn customers and Lenovo.
pr0f
Punch Card
Views: 1,089
Message 38 of 43

@Trolls wrote:
  • pen support at OS level & pen only mode
  • better stability (less random reboots, less force closes)
  • less buggy browser
  • security fixes (!)
  • the promised GPS fix
  • the fix for the SIM PIN issue (replacing the workaround)
  • etc.

Not confirmed, but demanded by many forum users and we all hope Lenovo is listening:

• ability to hide the "honeybar"
  • fixing the cam focus
  • openvpn support
  • fixing the pen unresponsiveness (it seems that the pen only mode does not fix it; lets see...)
  • a full backup solution
  • no favorite app wheel (i.e. more vanilla experience)
  • the ability to remove the unneeded bloatware
  • last, but not least: root

mtalinm
HDMI
Views: 1,043
Message 39 of 43

>I had a jealous girlfriend on my hands who I had to satisfy with a tablet

:-)
splotz
802.11n
Views: 1,040
Message 40 of 43

@pr0f
And chocolate milk ! Smiley Wink
(Would be to nice to get that all....)
____Pen fixed? Smiley Sad____ Brightness Fixed Smiley Happy, Backup? Root neededSmiley Indifferent__LenovoappshopSmiley Sad_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors