Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TekMason
Punch Card
Views: 5,537
Message 1 of 20

If you want root

XDA forums seems to be the place where all of the uber-rooters hang out.
Unfortunately, we haven't been able to convince the Ops there to create a forum for the TPT yet.
If they create a forum there then it will:
a) become the defacto home for TPT root development and
b) attract hardcore devs to work on a root.

Go on over to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18429003 and post:
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet + 1
to show your support and to try to convince the Ops that we deserve a forum of our own there.

Edit:  We have started a Bounty For Rooting the ThinkPad Tablet thread over at thinkpadtabletforums.com.  Throw a few bucks in the ring to show your support and reward those who are working so hard at it.

TekMason

TekMason
Punch Card
Views: 5,493
Message 2 of 20

Re: If you want root

Maybe RootzWiki would be more responsive.

Post your requests for a TPT Forum on RootzWiki to spearhead our rooting efforts from at http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?116-Site-requests-and-suggestions

This is my request to RootzWiki:

Hi guys,

I'm new here but from what I have seen so far RW looks like an awesome forum.

Since this is my first post it doesn't seem right that I am asking for something already but I and many other proud Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet owners are very eager to get a home base where we can focus our rooting efforts. Unfortunately, most of us are noobs when it comes to rooting but we are eager to learn and help in anyway we can. The XDA mods seem to have something against TPT users and won't create a forum for us despite several hundred requests over the last few weeks.

Is there any chance we could get a Lenovo Forum with a sub of ThinkPad Tablet and possibly the (less popular) Ideapad K1 to call our rooting home on rootzwiki?

Thx,
TekMason
rickinoz
Token Ring
Views: 5,426
Message 3 of 20

TekMason wrote:

... our rooting efforts

The above has particular resonance in Australia. If you are curious, just Google "root slang" and all will be revealed.

FWIW I've added a +1 to XDA as they have a lot of android devs.

vijil
HDMI
Views: 5,358
Message 4 of 20

Not just australia mate...

This tablet has loads of development potential once we get root.  Things like being able to disable capacitive input system wide would be a possibility (hopefully).  For me that'd be the biggest want right now.  Not sure if it'd be possible to disable double-tap listening system wide too but that'd be mighty handy as it would fix a major SBP bug.  Especially if it could be done by app.  Suspect that would require rewriting bits of the kernel.  And of course the potential to get new android versions sooner what with the so far rather ominous signs regarding lenovo's commitment to updates.

Unfortunately I'm no dev.  I had enough trouble getting my phone to not brick three times when installing Cyanogen it to a very clear set of instructions...

TekMason
Punch Card
Views: 5,225
Message 5 of 20

We have a forum over at RootzWiki now http://rootzwiki.com/forumdisplay.php?326-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Tablet

Please only post advanced discussions there.
Keep the more novice and "how do I" type discussions here or at thinkpadtabletforums.com.

LOL. You folks down under are a little different. I think your people have been left stranded on a desert island a little too long Smiley Wink
last_login
Punch Card
Views: 4,956
Message 6 of 20

Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 is currently winning... If you don't want that, show support for TPT Smiley Happy
yahoowizard
HDMI
Views: 4,944
Message 7 of 20

They wereeee winning by about one or two when I posted earlier today...now it seems about 20 x.x Comeeeon guys, lol...

rickinoz
Token Ring
Views: 4,911
Message 8 of 20

Rather than getting root access to the provided (buggy) Android flavours, I'd suggest the priority should be developing a replacement ROM.

Given major hardware components are common to many other similar tablets, it shouldn't be *too* hard.

phinphan
SCSI Port
Views: 4,876
Message 9 of 20

I am pretty sure we need root to unlock the bootloader to load custom roms.
vijil
HDMI
Views: 4,777
Message 10 of 20

The hard part would probably be getting the pen working properly as that's the major difference from other tablets.  TPT does have some unusual port options but I think they're natively supported.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors