GB

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo thinkpad 8 tablet LTE connexion error

2019-10-29, 8:25 AM

Hi there,

I have a Thinkpad 8 tablet which was initially with Windows 8.1 Pro. I had made an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and now I have an issue. While my tablet is connected to the sim data card to the internet, and the signal is in the band of LTE (4G) I have no access to the internet. On my browser screen appears a message like "Secure Connection Failed - An error occurred during a connection to www.google.com.

PR_CONNECT_RESTE_ERROR"

If I am going in an area where I have no 4G coverage, and the modem goes on 3G, the problem disappears and it works fine with internet access without any other problems.

PS: while I am under the 4G connection I had made a ping test and the results are good: Minimum = 36ms, Maximum 56ms, Average = 47ms but still no internet access

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

696 Signins

10116 Page Views

• Views: 10116
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo thinkpad 8 tablet LTE connexion error

2019-11-11, 13:57 PM

Hi MikiNor! Welcome to our forums community. Did the issue arise after the Windows 10 upgrade? If yes, try updating the drivers from our website here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/. Provide the exact model or serial number and go to drivers and software tab then download all the updates. If you have the Vantage app, run the update and install all available updates.

In additon, try clearing the browser's cache or you may try using a different browser and check if the issue is the same. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

10-29-2019

GB

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-11-13, 8:24 AM

Hi there, thank you for the answer. I had made all the updates ever possible.

Later I had made some more research and I discovered that the network card adapter is limited in frequencies and the network provider that I am using here, is using 2100 MHz and 2600 MHz for the 4G. Actually the adapter has only the 2100 MHz frequency accepted as the working frequency and not the 2600 MHz one.

So here is the root of the problem. But still does not make's sense because there still is a frequency that could be used but still not accessible to the internet.

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance!

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

696 Signins

10116 Page Views

• Views: 10116
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-11-13, 19:19 PM

What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing the browsing data? If you're using Google Chrome, try clearing the SSL state by:
1.Type: chrome://settings/ in the address bar of the browser and press the Enter
2. Scroll down to and click the Advanced button to see more settings. Click Open proxy settings to access the Internet Properties
3. Click the Content tab in it, and click the Clear SSL state

Now, retry opening the site. If that fails to fix the secure connection failed error too, try disabling QUIC as stated below.

1. Type: chrome://flags/#enable-quic in its address bar and press Enter.
2. The Experimental QUIC protocol will usually be configured to Default. Click on the Default button, and choose Disabled instead from the dropdown list.
3. Re-launch the browser, and retry opening the site.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

10-29-2019

GB

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-11-28, 7:02 AM

Hi there, thank you for your reply. Well, I will try to do so, but since the OS was fully reinstalled as a new and clean OS, I don't think that will solve the problem. I will come back with updates.

Thanks again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save