US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Major technical issue

2020-07-16, 8:56 AM

Hi, this is Sina

I purchased Lenovo ThinkPad X1 tablet (1st gen I assume) four years ago and I have had a satisfying experience utilizing that. However, there was a problem from first day I noticed, the screen got stuck frequently and whenever that happened, I just pressed the power button shortly to give the machine a rest and continued my work after another start up. (It might be a hardware issue I guess)

Now the problem is this. I cannot turn on the PC. It was getting updated and after 3 hours of displaying "Updating, please do not turn off pc" I clicked the reset button. Now I have trouble turning the PC on again, when I press power button, the LED indicator shines briefly and nothing happens.

I showed it to a local technician, they referred to its board, said it might got fatal problem.

How can I become sure about their comment? I am not able to show the PC to any repairing center but able to afford the board (if the problem is about the board) and replace it myself.

I spent a delighted time with that machine, I will do whatever to make it work again!

Thank you!

Options

3735 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4337 Signins

48762 Page Views

• Views: 48762
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Major technical issue

2020-07-16, 9:40 AM

Are you still able to open to the ThinkPad Tablet Setup app?

Opening the ThinkPad Tablet Setup app

1.   Restart the computer. 

2.   Tap around “Press Enter or touch here” until the ThinkPad Tablet Setup app starts.

If you can still get into the setup app, then the problem may just be with windows, or the SSD

Options

1 Posts

07-16-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-07-16, 11:14 AM

Well, first of all, thank you for your reply!

The PC is not functioning at all, meaning inability to see boot menu or installing windows. The only sign I get is the Flashing LED any time I press power button; Nothing else happens.

Options

205 Posts

03-03-2017

US

138 Signins

1873 Page Views

• Views: 1873
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-07-29, 12:11 PM

Most likely the windows update corrupted the boot/partition table when you powered off the machine. I would suggest getting a USB flash drive and downloading the Windows 10 image from the Microsoft site on another PC and try to recover your machine with it. Alternate options below which may or may not work.

Turn the PC on so that the camera light is flashing. Then hold the power button until the light goes off completely. Then power on as normal.

If you are not overly frustrated yet you can try holding the power button for about 10 seconds, then release. Then try to power on as normal. 

OR

If you can get the tablet open and disconnect the battery for 2 days. Then reconnect and try to power on.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete