Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil82
What's DOS?
Views: 1,453
Message 21 of 57

Re: No 3G connection after OTA3

Same Problem here!

I never used am Simcard in my Tablet before. After the Update I tried my o2 (Germany) sim - it worked (!) but just for ONE time. After turnig it off and on i cannot get a 3g connection running. I assume there is no problem with the apn settings (it worked for one time)...looks like a software bug.

Please Lenovo check it and provide a solution!

immotron
Serial Port
Views: 1,386
Message 22 of 57

I have the same issue after updating OTA 3. With Android 3.1 everything was fine. My GSM service provider is also O2 Germany.

I contacted the support regarding this issue and ffs you wont believe what I had to hear:

Mr. Alexander G. from the support team told me that Lenovo is "NOT SUPPORTING O2" as service provider. Only Vodafon is supported, so they are not able to help me.

Due to the fact, that I need a working internet connection on my tablet and nobody told my about O2 is not supported, while I bought this thing, I am going to force Lenovo to get a fix for this issue. I they are not going to provide a fix till friday I am considering either to sue them dircetly or returning the tablet and sue them afterwards.

fregoe
Token Ring
Views: 1,376
Message 23 of 57

My english is too bad, I can't tell you what I think about this hotline... Smiley Mad

We didn't buy a simlocked tablet or did we?

immotron
Serial Port
Views: 1,373
Message 24 of 57

No we didnt. Since the TPT worked fine with O2 Germany as service provider while android 3.1 was installed, they are not allowed to "remove" this service with an update.

do1fmd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,365
Message 25 of 57

**bleep**????

This is not legal.

Have a look here:

http://www.ra-kotz.de/simlock2.htm

Das Handy als Kaufsache weist jedoch einen Mangel auf. Dabei kann dahinstehen, ob das Handy, wie der Kläger behauptet, Kratzer und Gebrauchsspuren aufweist. Einen Sachmangel im Sinne des § 434 Abs. l BGB n.F. stellt vielmehr bereits das Vorhandensein der sogenannten „Sim-Lock"-Einrichtung dar. Aufgrund dieser Einrichtung kann der Besitzer des Handys den Anbieter, über welchen er seine Telefongespräche führt, nicht frei wählen, sondern muss das Handy mit einer D2-Karte betreiben. Damit eignet sich dieses Mobiltelefon entgegen § 434 BGB nicht für die nach dem Kaufvertrag vorausgesetzte Verwendung. Gerade der Erwerber eines gebrauchten Handys wird regelmäßig davon ausgehen, dass er in der Wahl des Anbieters nicht eingeschränkt ist. Anderenfalls nämlich wäre es für ihn regelmäßig billiger und vorteilhafter, ein neues Handy direkt über einen der Telefonanbieter zu beziehen und die damit verbundene Vertragsbindung in Kauf zu nehmen.

AMTSGERICHT REMSCHEID Az.: 27 C 427/02 

Yours sincerely,

do1fmd

fregoe
Token Ring
Views: 1,318
Message 26 of 57

I can't believe it. Here is the solution:

http://www.android-hilfe.de/lenovo-thinkpad-tablet-forum/247877-vorsicht-bei-update-4-0-a-7.html#pos...

With the help of an old Vodafone-card mobile broadband is back Smiley Very Happy

By the way: That doesn't change that Lenovo has a really big problem with their european hotline. Its a shame!!!

flip_f
What's DOS?
Views: 1,317
Message 27 of 57

Same here, o2 in Germany - no 3G Connection - i think lenovo simply forgot including o2 within the certification process and now they blame us for useing a differend carrier than Vodafone ?!

I'll never buy a lenovo product again and i won't recomment any of my friends or buissness partners buying a lenovo product again until they fulfill the same service as in the good old IBM times.

My TPT had the USB issue and it took them two months to repair my BUISNESS TABLET. The repaired TPT i got back was scratched, had dust between digitizer and lcd and the back-hardbutton did not function at all. Ham on Rye there was a Postit on the tablet which said: Quality Check passed. It took them another two weeks to send me a replacement.

Now the o2 carrier issue... I'm thinking about legal actions because they breaking the purchase contract.

React Lenovo ... badwill all over

immotron
Serial Port
Views: 1,302
Message 28 of 57

Possible solution

@fregoe wrote:

I can't believe it. Here is the solution:

http://www.android-hilfe.de/lenovo-thinkpad-tablet-forum/247877-vorsicht-bei-update-4-0-a-7.html#pos...

With the help of an old Vodafone-card mobile broadband is back Smiley Very Happy

By the way: That doesn't change that Lenovo has a really big problem with their european hotline. Its a shame!!!

For those who are not familar to the german language, i will discribe the possible solution step by step:

You will need a Vodafone SIM-Card. Usually there is one delivered with the TPT

1.  activate 3G (mobile broadband connection)
  2. activate 2G only (go to: setting -> mobile connections and activate "use only 2G")
  3. press the reset button (the one between sim card slot and sd card slot
  4. After the reboot you should have a 2G internet connection with the vodafone card
  5. reactivate 3G (go to: settings -> mobile connections and deactivate "use only 2G")
  6. you should now have a 3G connection with the vodafon SIM-Card
  7. you should be able to switch between 3G and Wi-Fi without any problems
  8. Turn the tablet off.
  9. Take out your Vodafone SIM-Card and insert your O2 SIM-Card
  10. Turn the tablet on again.
  11. The O2 SIM-Card should work now.

I am not able to replicate this solution on my own, until tomorrow...... lost my Vodafone card ^^

If you can replicate this solution please leave a message.

immotron
Serial Port
Views: 1,300
Message 29 of 57

@do1fmd wrote:

**bleep**????

This is not legal.

Have a look here:

http://www.ra-kotz.de/simlock2.htm

Das Handy als Kaufsache weist jedoch einen Mangel auf. Dabei kann dahinstehen, ob das Handy, wie der Kläger behauptet, Kratzer und Gebrauchsspuren aufweist. Einen Sachmangel im Sinne des § 434 Abs. l BGB n.F. stellt vielmehr bereits das Vorhandensein der sogenannten „Sim-Lock"-Einrichtung dar. Aufgrund dieser Einrichtung kann der Besitzer des Handys den Anbieter, über welchen er seine Telefongespräche führt, nicht frei wählen, sondern muss das Handy mit einer D2-Karte betreiben. Damit eignet sich dieses Mobiltelefon entgegen § 434 BGB nicht für die nach dem Kaufvertrag vorausgesetzte Verwendung. Gerade der Erwerber eines gebrauchten Handys wird regelmäßig davon ausgehen, dass er in der Wahl des Anbieters nicht eingeschränkt ist. Anderenfalls nämlich wäre es für ihn regelmäßig billiger und vorteilhafter, ein neues Handy direkt über einen der Telefonanbieter zu beziehen und die damit verbundene Vertragsbindung in Kauf zu nehmen.

AMTSGERICHT REMSCHEID Az.: 27 C 427/02 

Yours sincerely,

do1fmd

Only for used mobiles.

kai74
Punch Card
Views: 1,266
Message 30 of 57

I have a 1838-2BG and there is no Vodafone-card inside.

By the way this isn't a solution for me, cause i don't have any vodafone-card.

But i think it could be an android 4.03 bug, cause in the odys cosmo tablet is the same problem after the ics-update.

Sorry for my sucking english. :-)

Best regards
Kai
Top Kudoed Authors