Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tly
Punch Card
Views: 2,517
Message 21 of 39

Re: Outstanding Questions

hi,

Another Outstanding question that will be of interest for a possible fringe of professionals working in my field. I am a computer graphics artist working in the movie industry, and the only feature I am interested in is the pen pressure capabilities.

So my question is, what are the exact specs of the pen/technology. Number of pressure levels? Tilt sensitivity?

All in all, is it suitable for artist who seek to quickly sketch, maybe doing rough coloring ?

I am leaning towards the ThinkPad or the HTC puccini (it also has a pen with pressure capacity).

Please be honest on this one.

Thank you!

Giblet15
Punch Card
Views: 2,512
Message 22 of 39

Its an N-trig digitizer I do believe. Looking at their website here it seems that the pen input provides up the 256 levels of pressure sensitivity. As far as how it is implemented on the thinkpad specificaly I don't know but I hardly doubt they would dumb it down.

jb82
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,449
Message 23 of 39

Can anyone answer the pdf questions? I assume that since the pen works everywhere touch does then pdf annotation should be supported with any 3rd party pdf annotation app . Just looking for confirmation of this. Also looks like no pdf annotation app built in right?

Awesome tablet by the way - thanks for bringing it to the market!
EvilThug
Paper Tape
Views: 2,266
Message 24 of 39

How much will it cost to replace a dead/failing battery?
quizibo
Punch Card
Views: 2,260
Message 25 of 39

I have noticed on all the available Thinkpad Tablet videos, at no time is there mention or showing of the QWERTY touchscreen keypad.

It sounds like a stupid question but, does it have qwerty touchscreen keyboard or even a browser?

jb82
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,260
Message 26 of 39

Yes it has a touchscreen qwerty keyboard and a browser as it is running the android operating system.  There are many third party keyboard and web browsing apps you can download and add as well if you don't like the stock ones. 

I dont think there is any special lenovo keyboard or web browser so it will be the standard android 3.1 ones.

digitallysane
SCSI Port
Views: 2,240
Message 27 of 39

Actually, on this page:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/products/tablets/thinkpad/

scroll down and in Preloaded Apps/Tools you'll see Flex T9 which is described as being a keyboard but also accepting written input.

Dragos

digitallysane
SCSI Port
Views: 2,229
Message 28 of 39

@tly wrote:

[...]I am a computer graphics artist working in the movie industry [...]

I'm in the same field, and I'd probably use a tablet pretty much for the same stuff.

@tly wrote:

All in all, is it suitable for artist who seek to quickly sketch, maybe doing rough coloring ?

While not showing real illustration, this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnFJbtvtNwY shows the pen in action (including pressure sensitivity).

One thing that I think it's cool is that Autodesk Sketchbook Pro would recognize the pen and use it's pressure sensitivity, so there will be at least one serious sketching app. I just can't remember where I read that Smiley Happy

Dragos

MartinX61
What's DOS?
Views: 2,078
Message 29 of 39

What does it mean by "includes a desktop Application (Windows) for bi-directional synchronization?"

The tablet has an Android operating system but does it come with windows too?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,072
Message 30 of 39

It probably means it includes an application that you can install on your Windows notebook or desktop computer so that you can sync the two systems.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors