08-16-2016

US

65 Signins

1025 Page Views

• Views: 1025
  • Message 21 of 22

Re: Poor delivery service - X1 tablet delayed 4 times

2016-08-23, 18:09 PM

Yes, I do recall the Lenovo Companion App giving me errors when I to install the drivers, however it worked perfecly when I ran the updates individualy by themselves, which seem to work correctly once they downloaded and installed separately - I even downloded the drivers themselves from the Intel website as far as the updates goes - and it still acting up.

My main culprit is the wifi adapter which keeps acting up - I am at 19.1 which is current as of this moment. I took it to a technician which told me that I was missing the Windows 10 anniversary update - which is downloading as of now.

Thanks for the reply man, I am bummed at the moment due to my wifi dropping in and out like crazy. This machine kicks all manner of asses but so far right now I dread shipping it back to Lenovo just when my semester is about to start in 1 week and getting it back 1 or 2 months from now on seeing as they are in shortage of parts..

Options

49 Posts

08-16-2016

US

65 Signins

1025 Page Views

• Views: 1025
  • Message 22 of 22

Re: Poor delivery service - X1 tablet delayed 4 times

2016-08-24, 16:19 PM

Update ended crashing my OS - had to make a complete re-install. The machine heated up like crazy. I am using an m5 for those curious. It kept restarting and then the screen went blank and it stayed that way for almost an hour. Anyways I did a factory reset, the machine is in perfect working order, but the intel ac 8260 wifi adapter just vanished from the Device Manager despite its re-install and driver update....

Now my wifi adapter is completely gone due to its erratic behavior of working on/off. This has been a problem I have been dealing with for the past week which I can now fully confirm to be a faulty adapter which MUST be serviced by Lenovo staff/technician.

Sadly I am shipping the Tablet back and wait. 

School starts in 2 weeks. Color me happy. I can only pray Lenovo does an spectacular job and the machine comes back to me with NO issues....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete