Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iveman89
Punch Card
Views: 4,679
Message 1 of 8

Power button is not working

Honestly this is ridiculous! I kept reading about the power button problem, hoping I wouldn't run into it. Unfortunately I am not that lucky. A month after my warranty expired I now have no functional power button. It's not like this a 100 dollar device, we paid 500 bucks for this piece. There has to be something we can do. Better Business Bureau? Class action lawsuit? Anything? I don't know, but I know that with cars, if they have a defect or problem they send out letters and offer to fix it for free!

back to the tablet assuming Lenovo wont do me any favors for this tablet, I do have a few questions. I now have to keep this tablet on, and only way to wake it up is to jump it with charger? If I take it to a computer store will they be able to fix it?(I do not know how to solder) How do I crack this thing open?

Note: Admin edited subject. 

sevenfloorsdown
Punch Card
Views: 4,611
Message 2 of 8

Re: Power button is not working

Unfortunately, us users are spread too far across the globe to be even able to have an impact in one jurisdiction for a class action lawsuit. It's just become too much a niche product such that Lenovo can afford not to care. 

Me? I'm voting with my wallet.

Note: Admin edited subject

yahoowizard
HDMI
Views: 4,592
Message 3 of 8

They really did do really bad with this in terms of hardware, and it's apparent by their abandonment of this device, too. Suing seems a bit complicated however.

Note: Admin edited subject

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,581
Message 4 of 8

Hi iveman89,

I really feel bad for your situation, and definitely know what service folks would say as your tablet is out of warranty. If you allow, please let me have someone looks into your case. Info below are what I need before escalation. Could you please send a private message to me along with these info?

• Full name
  • Machine type model (i.e. 7660-14A)
  • Machine Serial Number
  • Date of Purchase
  • Email
  • Phone number 

Please give me a try to restore your confidence in us.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
iveman89
Punch Card
Views: 4,474
Message 5 of 8

Well I took it to a computer repair shop. He put the power button back on, but I was charged 70 bucks. Oh well at least this thing works again. Should I send the bill to Lenovo? Haha that was a joke. I know these guys wouldnt do anything for you.
msunderground
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,694
Message 6 of 8

This is how it is now a days and Trump is going to make it worst because he is a business man and hardly wants anything to do with regulations.  It should be a mandate that all products coming to the usa have a longer than 1 year warranty on parts and labor.  my computer is 5 years old and I paid 1200 for this lenovo but it was nicely install with windows 7 and microsoft professional. 

msunderground
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,693
Message 7 of 8

I did reply but don't see it.

msunderground
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,691
Message 8 of 8

I have been trying for 1 year to find a part number for my power button but this wonderful Guy at Lenovo Support name Joe find it for me with time and hard work; Thanks Joe wherevery you be.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors