Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lenovo Staff
Posts: 3,746
Registered: ‎07-11-2010
Location: Malaysia
Message 31 of 323 (1,952 Views)

Re: Power Button switch fell off the motherboard

@SBSSC,

Got your PM, thanks.

I've got a case with engineering and requesting them to intercept those which you have sent to service.

//JameZ
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-16-2011
Location: Austria
Message 32 of 323 (1,907 Views)

Re: Power Button switch fell off the motherboard

[ Edited ]

The european division of lenovo wanted me to pay for that .

 

...but finally,  after 2calls and one email (and maybe a little help from JameZ :-), the rapair was done under warranty.

Thanks!

Lenovo Staff
Posts: 3,746
Registered: ‎07-11-2010
Location: Malaysia
Message 33 of 323 (1,848 Views)

Re: Power Button switch fell off the motherboard

@SBSSC,

Apparently the case got returned as your 1 of your unit got serviced but am not sure what happened to the other. Is that right?

@All,

Appreciate if someone in the US with a power button on the TPT drop me a note so I can get it shipped to engineering.

//JameZ
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎12-29-2009
Location: Lancaster, TX
Message 34 of 323 (1,832 Views)

Re: Power Button switch fell off the motherboard

My switch quit working and I called customer service and was told I would have to reserve $950 on my credit card to cover any repairs not covered under warranty. I was not about to to do this. I waited a couple of days and called again and got a totally different story. The service person could not have been more helpful! Received a UPS box the next day and sent the TPT back on Wednesday. Received regular updates on the website while they had to wait a few days for a backordered part. Received my TPT this morning (Thursday). Everything works like new. The customer service and web updates were great!

SCSI Port
Posts: 92
Registered: ‎11-17-2011
Location: SC
Message 35 of 323 (1,819 Views)

Re: Power button problems

 

My power button is also evidently dead.  Just got off the phone with tech support, no mention of any charges.  They're sending me a box for a warranty repair.

 

 

Serial Port
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎08-24-2011
Location: Indian, USA
Message 36 of 323 (1,798 Views)

Re: Power Button switch fell off the motherboard


JameZ wrote:
@SBSSC,

Apparently the case got returned as your 1 of your unit got serviced but am not sure what happened to the other. Is that right?

@All,

Appreciate if someone in the US with a power button on the TPT drop me a note so I can get it shipped to engineering.

//JameZ

Thanks JameZ,

Just send you a PM. Will you send me a Returnning box? Or need me to call warranty first?

Lenovo Staff
Posts: 3,746
Registered: ‎07-11-2010
Location: Malaysia
Message 37 of 323 (1,775 Views)

Re: Power button problems

@d_lane,

I think we'll let service repair yours and I will take the chinapecker's unit for engineering to look at it.

@chinapecker,

Is this ok with you? btw I dropped you a PM too.

//JameZ
Serial Port
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎08-24-2011
Location: Indian, USA
Message 38 of 323 (1,753 Views)

Re: Power button problems


JameZ wrote:
@d_lane,

I think we'll let service repair yours and I will take the chinapecker's unit for engineering to look at it.

@chinapecker,

Is this ok with you? btw I dropped you a PM too.

//JameZ

OK! Already send you a PM.

Blue Screen Again
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎11-18-2011
Location: United States
Message 39 of 323 (1,732 Views)

Re: Power Button switch fell off the motherboard

I live in the USA I have a tablet that has a disfunctional power button. I have to press it several times with different types of pressure to have the unit power on or wake up. Can you please help me get this problem fixed. Casey
Serial Port
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎08-24-2011
Location: Indian, USA
Message 40 of 323 (1,708 Views)

Re: Power button problems


chinapecker wrote:

JameZ wrote:
@d_lane,

I think we'll let service repair yours and I will take the chinapecker's unit for engineering to look at it.

@chinapecker,

Is this ok with you? btw I dropped you a PM too.

//JameZ

OK! Already send you a PM.


JameZ:

 

I just openned my TPT and find the Power Switch was dropped off from the board. I do not have tools to solder it back. So I sticked it back with glueSmiley Happy. Now everything looks like Fine. But I am not sure how long it could stand.