Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-20-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Primary thunderbolt doesn't work

2020-03-20, 13:03 PM

Hi, 

I plug my tablet X1 to my Lenovo dock station and I can't have access to my equipement.

May I have some help to fix it ?

Thank you !

Options

15 Posts

02-08-2018

Spain

13 Signins

127 Page Views

• Views: 127
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Primary thunderbolt doesn't work

2020-04-11, 14:49 PM

I'm using a thunderbolt eGPU and getting it to work was like pulling teeth.  Make sure you have the latest firmware/drivers, uninstall everything with it all unplugged (but leave in a power charger), and make sure you flash to latest firmware.  I had it working fine for weeks, then today it decided to disable everything and although it powered up the external GPU it would say its disabled in the thunderbolt software centre, stating i needed a new firmware.

I was on latest but it didn't matter, After some digging, I removed the thunderbolt software, reinstalled everything, reflashed the firmware, powered everything off after rebooting a few times to complete the installs then finally from a cold boot (i.e. completely powered down not restart), with my thunderbolt device plugged in, powered on.

This then worked again.

There's a very serious bug with thunderbolt firmware (you should be getting warnings if you go to the site/use vantage), so if you haven't flashed to latest it could be dead and needs to go back to lenovo to have it replaced.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)