Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

05-23-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 2

Problem mit X1 Tablet Gen.2 Tastatur/Touchpad!

2021-03-21, 18:24 PM

English (Google Translate)

Hello community!

Can you help me please?

To the scenario!

With the Windows start my keyboard still works normally! If you take the keyboard, sometime (also as I found the other day at even when booting), the touchpad / clickpad (and only the pad incl. Buttons does not work !!!) no longer, even the trackball denied the service. All other buttons (except the buttons on the clickpad / trackball), lighting, etc ... work properly! If you restart the tablet, everything works fine again until you decrease the keyboard again! Does anyone of you have an idea what that could be or has the same problem?! For me, the problems occurred after any update, did not not notice it, because I rarely take the keyboard, it was a coincidence that everything was great before! Since everything works 100% again after a restart, I'm based on a software / firmware / BIOS bug. What do you all mean?

With best regards Thomas 

German

Hallo Community!

Könnt Ihr mir bitte weiterhelfen?

Zum Szenario!

Beim Windows Start funktioniert meine Tastatur noch ganz normal! Nimmt man die Tastatur, irgendwann ab (auch wie ich neulich festgestellt habe beim sogar beim Booten), funktioniert das Touchpad/Clickpad (und nur das Pad inkl. Tasten funktioniert nicht!!!) nicht mehr, auch der Trackball verweigert den Dienst. Alle anderen Tasten (ausser die Tasten beim Clickpad/Trackball), Beleuchtung usw... funktionieren einwandfrei! Startet man das Tablet neu, funktioniert wieder alles ganz normal, bis man die Tastatur wieder erneut abnimmt!

Hat jemand von euch eine Idee, was das sein könnte, oder hat das gleiche Problem?!

Bei mir trat das Probleme nach irgendeinen Update auf, habe es erst nicht bemerkt, da ich die Tastatur selten abnehme, war ein Zufall, vorher lief alles super! Da alles nach einen Neustart wieder 100% funktioniert, gehe ich von einen Software/Firmware/Bios Bug aus. Was meint Ihr?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas

Options

4178 Posts

08-02-2018

Singapore

832 Signins

21559 Page Views

• Views: 21559
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Problem mit X1 Tablet Gen.2 Tastatur/Touchpad!

2021-03-22, 11:53 AM

Hi Pflugi!

Greetings

Do you remember which update did you install before the issue came up? Try running the update through the Lenovo Vantage app and install all available updates. You can also reinstall the touchpad and keyboard driver here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/thinkpad-tablet-series/thinkpad-x1-tablet-type-20jb-20jc/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Mouse,%20Pen%20and%20Keyboard

Let us know how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms