Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Repair of Thinkpad X1 Gen 1 Keyboard

2020-01-26, 4:20 AM

Hi.

I had noticed fair wear on my thinkpad keyboard underneath where it touches a flat surface.  I am a professional artist and thought that I could repair the upper left and lower right corners with Daniel Smith Pearlize Black and Liquidtex Mars Black (both professional acrylic aritst paint), plus the upper linear top needs some touch up as well.  Attached is an image of the repair.  This is the same rubberized paint that Lenove uses on their Thinkpad laptops.  I also touched up some faint scratches with the Pearlized Black acrylic paint.

Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Repair of Thinkpad X1 Gen 1 Keyboard

2020-01-26, 4:24 AM

wrote:

Hi.

I had noticed fair wear on my thinkpad keyboard underneath where it touches a flat surface.  I am a professional artist and thought that I could repair the upper left and lower right corners with Daniel Smith Pearlize Black and Liquidtex Mars Black (both professional acrylic aritst paint), plus the upper linear top needs some touch up as well.  Attached is an image of the repair.  This is the same rubberized paint that Lenove uses on their Thinkpad laptops.  I also touched up some faint scratches with the Pearlized Black acrylic paint.

Hi, I finally fiqured out how to download images.  New Member LOL

Options

5 Posts

08-31-2018

Philippines

4 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-01-27, 22:56 PM
Is your Gen 1 keyboard working fine? Mine stopped working about a year and a half ago. I never managed to fix it so didn't use the X1 tablet. It's extremely frustrating
Options

0 Posts

01-22-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2020-01-27, 23:50 PM
Hi L8T1,
My keyboards works very well. I actually have 2 X1 tablets a i5 and i7 and both work. Sometimes the connect isn't 100% and I have to reattach the keyboard again. I am wondering if the connects need to be connectors need to be cleaned, check the bios and drivers. I quess I am lucky, I see the keyboard can be an issue. I do have the extra battery attached underneath both X1 tablets and that might be why I am not having a problems because the keyboards are attached to theThinkPad 4X50L08495 X1 Tablet Productivity Module. I have a module for each tablet. I would also run Lenovo bridge and Lenovo Vantage to see if the problem is detected. Good Luck!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms