Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hellhog
Paper Tape
Views: 2,119
Message 1 of 4

Surface Pro pen on Thinkpad Tablet 2?

Will the Surface Pro pen work with a Thinkpad Tablet 2? Or any other wacom pen? I really wish the pen was larger, easier to hit the right click, and had an eraser function built in, hence the interest. Any recomendations? Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,106
Message 2 of 4

Re: Surface Pro pen on Thinkpad Tablet 2?

Providing your TPT2 is a model fitted with the active Wacom digitizer and pen, then yes, the Surface Pro pen is compatible.

See here for a list of compatible pens:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/microsoft/55416-tabletpc-compatible-wacom-pens-work-surface-pro.html

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

SeaNutria
What's DOS?
Views: 2,064
Message 3 of 4

I just picked up a pair of replacement styli that are working great for me on my TPT2...

Search eBay for "Fujitsu FPCPN28AP Replacement Stylus". Often they come in a pack of two. They work much better (because of the size of the barrel) plus the eraser on top is great. I also ordered new tips from Wacom that produce a little more friction on the glass surface, which makes inking even more precise.

I ran across a lot of good info on inking and styli (inluding tips about the Fujitsu and felt Wacom tips) in the post referenced by gcoupe...

CA

jonnybecker
Token Ring
Views: 2,060
Message 4 of 4

I've gotten used to the pen, though I've simply disabled the right click button. I agree that without any ridges (like on the Samsung Note pens) there's no way to find the thing, which renders it mostly useless.

If you're looking for a good replacement, the Lenovo pen that was designed for previous generation X series tablets is very good. I still use mine. I've also read good things about Fujitsu's pens. Be careful when buying, however, as Fujitsu and some other manufacturers have started moving to N-Trig pens.

Jonathan Becker
------------------------------------
CURRENT LENOVO PRODUCTS: Thinkpad Tablet 2
sn #R9WHND7, Win 8 Pro, BIOS 1.51, with Dock and TPT2 keyboard
Thinkpad USB Keyboard with Trackpoint
IdeaCenter B500

PAST: Thinkpad T22, X60 Tablet, X220 Tablet

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors