Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
SCSI Port
Message 1 of 3 (2,553 Views)

TP 8 - Screen Rotation fails after Windows Upgrade (Ver 1703)

[ Edited ]

TP 8 20BN000UGE

Windows 10 (32-bit), Version 1703

I received the Windows Creators Upgrade today and installed it on my Thinkpad Tablet 8.

Eversince the screen rotation does not work. The display only works in panoramic mode.

I used "Lenovo Service Bridge" to install the latest updates as well. Still the screen rotation does not work.

The corresponding touch key shows that the screen rotation is not locked by the software.

UPDATE

It seems to be a bug!

The screen won't rotate immediately after powering up the tablet.

But after having put the tablet to sleep by closing the lid (Energy saving mode), the screen rotation works as usual.

Does anyone have a solution how to get rid of this bug? Although it is just an in inconvenience, I would appreciate a solution, since the screen rotation worked flawlessly before the upgrade.

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 3 (2,459 Views)

Re: TP 8 - Screen Rotation fails after Windows Upgrade (Ver 1703)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have the exact same problem and I don't know to get it fixed. Thinkpad 8, today I received the 1703 upgrade.

Also I cannot connect to any bluetooth device. I can see BT devices, pair them but can't connect. It's very annoying.

EDIT: Yeah, your procedure for the rotation works. This tablet has terrible driver support.

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 3 (2,359 Views)

Re: TP 8 - Screen Rotation fails after Windows Upgrade (Ver 1703)

Thanks for the "workaround"! Smiley Happy
I spend a number of hours re-installing Windows 10 3 times over the weekend, thinking it was something I had done wrong, but alas just a bug Smiley Sad