Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaking
Paper Tape
Views: 1,541
Message 1 of 10

TPT Crash and now wont boot

Hey guys,

So I had my TPT for a cou[ple of months now, and its been working perfectly normal...until now. 

So I was using it to browse the web on youtube, and I drag the sider on youtube videos, the screen freeze, then turn into one of them fuzzy screens, and power off on its own. Now it can't seem to start at all. I know it still have about 30 percent or so battery inside of it. So its not a battery drain.

I press and hold the power button to boot it up. It would give me a quick vibrate like always, but the screen doesn't light up. The thinkpad red light at the back light up temporarily, then off. 

Ive tried pressing the reset button, Ive tried the Volume up thingy, and none work. My gf said to wait until the battery completely drain and charge it up to try again, but Im impatient.....

Is there a way to pull out the battery? lol

Any solution would be appreciated. 

Edit, beginning to think its a hardware problem with the screen... But it still doesn't add up, why can't the reset button work. And what would possibly cause my screen to go hywire??
splotz
802.11n
Views: 1,454
Message 2 of 10

Re: TPT Crash and now wont boot

Could be a problem with the backgroundlight (Tablet starts, butyou cantsee anything on the screen)

I had a similiar problem when using a brightness control widget.

Maybe resetting with the grey button inside a hole near the sd-card slot could help?

There is some exact procedure I dont know any more.

Maybe you can find it using the searchengine or in the manual.

edit: Did you try what happens when you connect the charger?

Buena Suerte

Splotz

____Pen fixed? Smiley Sad____ Brightness Fixed Smiley Happy, Backup? Root neededSmiley Indifferent__LenovoappshopSmiley Sad_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

ALEXDAIIi
Punch Card
Views: 1,437
Message 3 of 10

Did you try what happens when you connect TPT to the charger or to the dockstation? I had a similiar problem to screen freeze and problem with the background light and this solved the issue for me .... maybe you can try by reset button , but i didn't try this on my TPT.
Sepemulle
Punch Card
Views: 1,383
Message 4 of 10

It seems my TPT did this same number on me today. died and when i started it gets stuck att loading screen... shifts between lenovo and nvidia but nothing happens even after 20 min. tested with charger in and out, tested the restartbutton but nothing... any help would be appriciated, and no i dont have root...
Sepemulle
Punch Card
Views: 1,380
Message 5 of 10

also its a Thinkpad tablet 1838 with latest update (no root).

optimus43
Punch Card
Views: 1,373
Message 6 of 10

try powering on while pushing the volume rocker in and out (up volume)  this should alow you to boot into 

recovery mode  then you have some choices  use the volume rocker to select choices and the power button to enter

Sepemulle
Punch Card
Views: 1,363
Message 7 of 10

thanks ill try it when i get home.

ajeitler
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,342
Message 8 of 10

Had the same issue on Saturday. Had to do a factory reset. But the Device Workshop again.
Sepemulle
Punch Card
Views: 1,335
Message 9 of 10

Kudos to optimus43!! It worked and its back to normal :-) and clean ;-)
hs_utsw
Paper Tape
Views: 1,173
Message 10 of 10

Hi Jaking, did you figure out how to solve the problem with your TPT? My TPT developed exactly the same symptom two days ago, and everything I tried (hardware resetting, battery draining, recovery mode, etc) failed to solve it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors