Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerdrb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 522
Message 1 of 5

TPT2 Bang on wacom device

So i just recieved my TPT2 and i'm loving it. I bought it off the outlet so it didnt come with the stylus, but when i was purchasing i talked to a customer rep from lenovo that said the model 3679xf2 had the digitizer support so i bought that one. So i used wacoms reelfeel compatibility checker and i passed so I installed the drivers there. However im still getting a bang on the device manager on the wacom device. Is this ok or do I need to install drivers directly from lenovo?

Moderator Note; subject edited; system added

wenxin3262
Paper Tape
Views: 450
Message 2 of 5

Re: TPT2 Bang on wacom device

I have the exact same issue here, I tired every method to get the digitizer working but it just stays bang as you said. I think this model is the without digitizer and sales made a mistake somehow. I am planning to return and an agent agreed and said will send me the return label via email. But one day has passed, I received nothing. I am pretty disappointed at this time.
jerdrb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 435
Message 3 of 5

I hope they can give me one with the digitizer. I specifically paid extra at the time for this models I could have the digitizer... I don't want to pay even more.
jonnybecker
Token Ring
Views: 412
Message 4 of 5

When you say you're getting a "bang" on the device, what do you mean?

If you go to Device Manager, and there's a yellow bullet on the device, then that means it may not have started properly. That does not necessarily mean you do not have the digitizer. An issue that's been cropping up recently with some of the devices is that the rear camera does not power on properly under Windows 8.1, Bios 2.1, and the currrent drivers. It exhibits as a "bang" in device manager, and the workaround is to disable the device, then re-enable it.

You may want to try the same with your Wacom digitizer. Also, you may want to try downgrading the Intel Graphics driver to the last Lenovo release, which is .1176, and to install the Lenovo branded Wacom driver, which is the "WinTab" driver for the Tablet 2 and Helix (but oddly, not for any of the other Wacom powered laptops they sell...).

Give those a try before you return the machine.

Jonathan Becker
------------------------------------
CURRENT LENOVO PRODUCTS: Thinkpad Tablet 2
sn #R9WHND7, Win 8 Pro, BIOS 1.51, with Dock and TPT2 keyboard
Thinkpad USB Keyboard with Trackpoint
IdeaCenter B500

PAST: Thinkpad T22, X60 Tablet, X220 Tablet
jerdrb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 399
Message 5 of 5

Ya sorry meant the exclamation mark. Darn coding lingo.

Anyways I tried the solution jonnybecker described and still getting the exclamation mark. I'm going to see if I can find someone in my appartment complex that has a wacom stylus and see if I can try it on mine. This is going to suck if I have to wait a whole nother week or more to get what I was originally told I was purchasing =/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors