Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

02-14-2013

Canada

1 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 9

TPT2 - wifi and Bluetooth coexistance

2013-02-14, 18:14 PM

I have been using the TPT2 for about a month now, and while I haven't noticed the same wifi issues as others in the other thread, I have been having serious trouble with using a bluetooth keyboard.  

There's two basic problems:

1) Frequently when both wi-fi and bluetooth are on, I'll get bad bluetooth reception.  On the keyboard that translates to typing like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.  I've changed channels and settings on the router, but it doesn't resolve the issue.  I like the keyboard and would like to continue using it, so I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make it work better.

2) On waking from sleep, (when the system hasn't crashed), the wifi antenna is enabled, but neither my wifi or bluetooth come online. In order to get them to wake back up properly, I generally have to turn on airplane mode and turn it off again.  This is something I can live with, but it bothers me. 

If anyone could help with #1, either by recommending driver changes or even just telling me "yeah, that's how it is for everyone" I'd be happy.  But right now it's intensely frustrating to be unable to use my keyboard, and I'd rather use one that doesn't need to be physically connected if it's an issue I can resolve.

Options

5128 Posts

12-22-2008

Canada

12958 Signins

191816 Page Views

• Views: 191816
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: TPT2 - wifi and Bluetooth coexistance

2013-02-14, 18:23 PM

For clarity, when you say "a bluetooth keyboard" do you mean the official ThinkPad Tablet 2 Bluetooth keyboard?

If not, what is the make/model of the keyboard you're using? 

My comments are mine. I don't work for or speak for Lenovo.
Please do not send me PMs. Ask your question on this forum so that everyone can respond or learn.

Options

6 Posts

02-14-2013

Canada

1 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 3 of 9

2013-02-14, 18:33 PM

It's a Microsoft Wedge Mobile Bluetooth Keyboard.  I got it because the TPT2 Bluetooth keyboard was out of stock. 

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/wedge-mobile-keyboard

I'm quite happy with the keyboard itself, and would rather not replace it with the TPT2 keyboard unless I was certain that it would solve the problem.  If I did need to replace it with the official TPT2 keyboard, I would be concerned that the bluetooth would have issues with any other device I wanted to connect. 

I also use to corresponding Wedge Mouse, and have noticed signal issues with it as well, but the impact is less because I don't have repeated keystrokes ruining my day.

Options

66 Posts

01-21-2013

Seattle, Washington, USA

105 Signins

770 Page Views

• Views: 770
  • Message 4 of 9

2013-04-07, 23:11 PM

I am having similar problems. I find that if I turn Bluetooth on and off (Settings charm, Change PC Settings, Wireless, the problem is resolved (both in terms of making/keeping a connection and in eliminating repeating keys). I'm guessing this causes the Bluetooth radio to use a different frequency.

Lenovo/Microsoft: can you do something to detect this situation and fix it without user intervention?

Options

23 Posts

03-04-2013

Melbourne, Australia

65 Signins

303 Page Views

• Views: 303
  • Message 5 of 9

2013-04-14, 13:12 PM

I'm having a similar problem... I too have the MS Wedge KB and Wedge Touch Mouse.  They work fine most of the time.... but every now ant then they both become erratic (mouse slows down and jitters across screen and keyboard has the repeattttt letterrrrr problem.  Then the Bluetooth Radio crashes and they both disappear.  If I go into Device Manager / Bluetooth / Bluetooth Radio it tells me there was a problem and Windows shut it down.  If I then Disable and then Enable the BT Radio it all comes good again.  

But sometimes I have to do that every 2 minutes... and other times not for days???

Anyone else seeing this same issue with the BT Radio because it feels to the suggestions of WiFi interference.... 

Thanks

Options

2 Posts

04-13-2013

Florida

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 6 of 9

2013-04-14, 13:52 PM

I am also having a similar issue with my wedge mouse.  Very unfortunate.  The Lenovo keyboard and track point work fine, but I don't always want to use the track point. Please fix this.

Options

1 Posts

05-22-2013

Sydney

3 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 7 of 9

2013-05-22, 7:07 AM

I had the same problem with a lenovo kb and wifi. Either one, or sometimes both would drop out.

I turned off GNSS. (Charms: settings>change pc settings> wireless) That fixed it. Ok for me as I don't need GNSS on my tablet.

Options

226 Posts

10-08-2011

Florida

1049 Signins

4987 Page Views

• Views: 4987
  • Message 8 of 9

2013-05-22, 18:58 PM

I've reported in other threads a variation of this issue, where my Lenovo TPT2 BT keyboard/mouse loses connection until I cycle bluetooth on and off.

It happens constantly if I am watching streaming videos through my browser (Youtube, Netflix).  I don't know why that should affect it, but in my case there is a strong correlation between streaming video through my browser and the keyboard losing connection.

JC

Options

66 Posts

01-21-2013

Seattle, Washington, USA

105 Signins

770 Page Views

• Views: 770
  • Message 9 of 9

2013-05-23, 1:28 AM

My guess would be that your Bluetooth and Wifi are both using the 2.4GHz band. Microwaves mess up reception in that band, too.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms