Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 32 (3,955 Views)

Tablet ThinkPad - WiFi & Bluetooth problem - working only with Vodafone GSM Card

To whom it may concern,

I bought ThinkPad Tablet in Germany and it had Vodafone GSM card inside... Lounched, start to use it and everything is ok (WiFi and Bluetooth is also working). As I'm not from Germany, I came back home (Slo), inserted inside (replaced with) my local Mobile operator GSM Card and WiFi and Bluetooth stopped to work (better, it sometimes discovered the WiFI network or BT device but just for few seconds). Later I do put Vodafone GSM card in and everything is working again... repeated the proces, put other GSM Cards in and again WiFi and Bluetooth is not working. Of course, if I put my local Mobile operator's GSM Card, the Tablet is working in Broadband with no problem...just WiFi and Bluetooth is not.

I presume it might be a "bug" in communcation protocol or smth. linked with verification in communication protocol...(but I'm not an expert)

Thank's to anyone that might help, or Lenovo for the upgrade!

regards

Punch Card
Message 2 of 32 (3,826 Views)

Re: Tablet ThinkPad - WiFi & Bluetooth problem - working only with Vodafone GSM Card

I have the same problem, when I use my g3 internet  and after than I try to re wi fi conection, thinkpad tablet see my wi fi conections for a 3-4 seconds and than nothing more, I have to reset my tablet to default and than is everithing ok till next time.....I think something is wrong with software.....

and with reseting my device I am losing all my photos....!!!!!!!

If someone from lenovo is reading this:

HELP!!!! 

Punch Card
Message 3 of 32 (3,802 Views)

Re: Tablet ThinkPad - WiFi & Bluetooth problem - working only with Vodafone GSM Card

You can backup your photos on a USB flash drive or copy it with the micro USB cable to the PC. Then try a factory reset.

Punch Card
Message 4 of 32 (3,769 Views)

yes I do that, but I dont wont to do it every day, becouse I am using my tablet at home(wifi) and on the road (3g) and why to reset my tablet every day? price for my tablet was 600 EUR and I think this is a lot of money.......

Punch Card
Message 5 of 32 (3,734 Views)

So once more, if I hit wifi buton and tablet scan for networks, networks are visible for a moment and than when I am fast I can hit one of them, so it opens window for unlocking, but when I write down pasword and name of network and hit ok buton-than nothing happens-I see only that ablet is scaning oncemore wifi networks around me When I reset my tablet to default-wi fi is working again So do you have enny solution for this??
Punch Card
Message 6 of 32 (3,734 Views)

This only happens when I am using 3g conection first
Paper Tape
Message 7 of 32 (3,651 Views)

Ha, same happens to me.

After inserting SIM from Simobil Vodafone, Wi-Fi stops working. Turning off the tablet and removing the SIM does not help, only factory reset has helped me up until now. The tablet was bought from a Slovenian distributer...

Punch Card
Message 8 of 32 (3,640 Views)

ja fantje, sam sem se že pritožil na lenovo, bomo videli kaj bo?

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 32 (3,544 Views)

Odnesel na servis, spročim kaj bojo rekli...

Took it to repair, will report what will they say...

Paper Tape
Message 10 of 32 (3,525 Views)

S servisa sporočili, da Lenovo ve za napako, ne ve se pa kdaj bo rešena. Ponudli so mi da poskusijo menjat Wi-Fi (nesel sem Marandu v Mariboru). Sporočim če uspejo rešit... Največja verjetnost je da bo tablet šel kr lepo nazaj.

The reparimen told me that Lenovo is aware of the issue, but that there is yet to be a solution. They did offer to switch the Wi-Fi module for a different one, which they hope could save the problem. Will report with the results... It's quite plausible that I will be returning the tablet.

Top kudoed Authors