Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
screencoating
Fanfold Paper
Views: 185
Message 1 of 9

Tablet X1 Gen3 Keyboard problems

After updating BIOS yesterday through lenovo vantage, the keyboard no longer works with the tablet.

It connects and is detected by windows 10 as a "USB input device"

I attempted to reinstall drivers, restart the tablet multiple times, reconnect the keyboard multiple times etc.

The tablet recognizes it as being connected as a popup comes up asking if I want to switch to tablet mode or not when taking off the keyboard. None of the lights on keyboard light up and none of the keys are working. 

Contacts are clean on both the tablet and the keyboard and are not obstructed. 

Frankie3s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 143
Message 2 of 9

Re: Tablet X1 Gen3 Keyboard problems

I did the BIOS update to 1.29 as well however, I'm not experiencing any issues.  My keyboard is working fine.  What I would suggest you also do is to uninstall and re-install Lenovo Vantage from the Microsoft Store as well.

Sometimes when things really go south I just re-install the Windows 10 Creators Update from Oct and it seems to set everything straight.  You can download this directly from Microsoft.  Search google for "Windows 10 creators update."

screencoating
Fanfold Paper
Views: 121
Message 3 of 9

I just atttempted to re-install lenovo vantage and there is no difference.

On attempt to utilize the creators update from the website from microsoft, it tells me that I'm already up to date.

Frankie3s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 106
Message 4 of 9

You may want to check for file system corruption and the steps to do this can be found here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker.

TIP:  In step one it mentions that you must open a command prompt as an administrator in order to properly run this tool.  Here's a link to show you how to do it as required in step one, https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-command-prompt-as-an-administrator

Make sure to backup your important stuff first!  I would even create a system restore point as well, https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027538/windows-create-a-system-restore-point

screencoating
Fanfold Paper
Views: 99
Message 5 of 9

no integrity violations
file system is verified

screencoating
Fanfold Paper
Views: 92
Message 6 of 9

I believe this keyboard might have just crapped out randomly

it doesn't even work for BIOS before the OS even boots. 

I will try submitted a ticket to Lenovo 

Frankie3s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 90
Message 7 of 9

Checking device manager under keyboard, I have "HID Keyboard Device" mentioned 5x and "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" mentioned once.  Is yours similar?

If yours is different, right click on the USB Input Device or whatever and select "uninstall device."  Windows will them attempt to reinstall when you connect the keyboard or reboot.

I do agree with you.  If you can't use the keyboard during bios startup then the keyboard is probably done.

screencoating
Fanfold Paper
Views: 82
Message 8 of 9

Yes, I've attempted that multiple times already with no resolution.

Thank you for your input, Hopefully Lenovo can respond quick.

screencoating
Fanfold Paper
Views: 47
Message 9 of 9

Just wanted to update for everyone else wondering.

I received a replacement keyboard from Lenovo (thank you for your prompt support) and everything is working perfect.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors