Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
computeretard
Blue Screen Again
Views: 369
Message 1 of 3

Tablet2 DNS Client Problem

Greetings!

I've got a Lenovo Tablet2 running Windows 8.1 32-bit (this tablet will not run 64-bit) version that keeps getting the DNS Client service disabled. I can enable it manually and set it to automatic, but every time I reboot it sets back to disabled. I've tried changing the registry but that didn't work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers (Ethernet Dock Driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit) - ThinkPad Tablet 2 - gere02ww.exe - released 1/14/14) but that also didn't work. I did discover that if the tablet is not joined to my corporate domain and stays in a 'WorkGroup' the DNS Client will stay set to automatic. The issue is not with my corporate network or group policies, because this is the only device that is having this issue. My thoughts are it is with the Ethernet driver. Please help! I'll give the person that fixes this a buffalo nickel!Smiley Very Happy

Seniorsergent
Token Ring
Views: 314
Message 2 of 3

Re: Tablet2 DNS Client Problem

The tablet is running on the Intel Clover Trail, that will only support 2 Gb of RAM, so there is no reason for installing Win 64 bit..

My personal guess is that your TPT2 is running the Home Edition, not the PRO. The PRO is the only edition that supports Domains, the other edition only supports Workgroups.

Regards

Mick

Slàinte
Mick
computeretard
Blue Screen Again
Views: 287
Message 3 of 3

Re: Tablet2 DNS Client Problem

Thanks for the input. I'm running the PRO version of 8.1. It does allow me to join the domain when the DNS Client is running. I'm fairly confident that it's not the OS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors