Options

8 Posts

04-28-2017

US

19 Signins

144 Page Views

• Views: 144
  • Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad Tablet 2 - only charges if USB data pins are disconnected, and only at 500mA

2020-07-20, 17:51 PM

If the data pins are connected, and the tablet is connected to virtually any USB power source, it'll sit there all day and do nothing (metered at 0.1A). If I place tape over the USB data pins, it'll at least take 500mA. I'm not talking about Windows saying it's charging (it never does), but rather using an actual USB current monitor at the source.

I mean, it's a really awful tablet in general (stuck on Windows 8.1 because of Clover Trail CPU problem; can't support Win10)... but at least it could be somewhat more useful if it charged at a reasonable rate.

Anyone out there happen to have a genuine Lenovo adapter (0A36248, 45N0158, 45N0160) and a multimeter, probe between each of the USB pins and see what the resistance is? I'd guess it's not just a straight short to signal a "Lenovo adapter", so what is it? Without a Lenovo adapter of my own (I got the tablet for $20, whaddaya expect), I can't really test to see what trickery Lenovo did.

Also, is it really 5.35v? 🤔

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete