cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_nexus_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 786
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad X1 Tablet (1.gen): Annoying performance issues when unplugged / on Battery with Win 10

Hi (my first post here),

I observe severe performance issues when using my X1 Tablet (20GGCT01WW, 1.gen) in battery mode on Windows 10. Everything becomes so slow that it is hardly usable. Pluggin in the power supply and the tablet works fine again.

I installed the Lenovo Power Management Driver form the lenovo webpage and tried to change the "power plan" on windows. However, the is no way, it seems, to prevent the cpu/gfx to be down clocked in battery mode?

When clicking on the power-icon in the task bar, there is a ""power mode"-slider to increase the performance in battery mode. However, this also has almost no effect.

There is no such problem when using the tablet on Linux, so it is not a bios thing. And the battery runtime with linux is only a little less than on windows. 

The drop in performance is extremely annoying on windows and I find the x1 tablet hardly usable at all with windows in battery mode.

So, any idea or help from anybody how to keep the maximum performance when when power is unplugged and only using the battery on windows 10?  I mean, what does it help to have a longer run time when you hardly can work during that time?

Any help is much appreciated,

nexus

_nexus_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 732
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad X1 Tablet (1.gen): Annoying performance issues when unplugged / on Battery with Win 10

Noone is replying, hence, I guess
everyone is satisfied with the performance of the X1 Tablet on Windows 10 when using without power supply?

Or something is wrong with my windows 10 installation only.

cheers,
nexus

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors