Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moosedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 353
Message 1 of 10

ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen 3 Win10 ZOOM

I will try to describe this the best way I can.....  

A few times I have been using my touchscreen Windows10, and somehow swipping around at the windows, I must have hit a hot key combo or something and accidently changed screen resolution / changed zoom or something, and zoom WAAYYY out of stuff. Now all my applications and pop-ups for Outlook in the bottom right of my screen, I see the window, but I cannot read anything in it. I've checked the resolution and it is set for 3000 X 2000 and the Zoom is 250% (recommended)....  Does anyone have an idea??

Thanks in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 286
Message 2 of 10

Re: ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen 3 Win10 ZOOM

Hi Moosedude!

Thanks for using the community forums. Could you try to follow the steps below to change the resolution on your tablet? Let us know if this works.

1. Click the Start button.
2. Select the Settings icon.
3. Select System.
4. Click Advanced display settings.
5. Click on the menu under Resolution.
6. Select the option you want. We strongly recommend going with the one that has (Recommended) next to it.
7. Click Apply.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Moosedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 251
Message 3 of 10

Does not help... Everything here is already set to recommended settings.

Display resolution is set to recommended (3000x2000)

and in the advanced tab it is set to 250%.

See the attachments.  I put the Windows Display Settings windows on top of my email window and put a red box around a few text windows at the bottom of the screen shot so show you a better view... How can you see this...???? Anyone?? Is that normal on this computer?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 241
Message 4 of 10

Hi! Could you move two fingers closer together on the touch screen to reduce the size of text, pictures,
maps, or other objects as per the user guide: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x1_tablet_3gen_ug_en.pdf, page 56.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Moosedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 215
Message 5 of 10

Did not help. That only works per program, per window.... I'm refering to overall settings. It looks like I forgot the latest attachment, as I do not see it there any longer.... So I'll add it here... It is all programs, and all pop-up messages that windows gives me, not just one....

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 206
Message 6 of 10

Hey there! 

Have you tried performing a system restore? If not, you can also try doing a system restore on the X1 tablet and check it again. However, if you install an application or program recently, doing a system restore will remove those apps or program. 

Regards, 

Moosedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 200
Message 7 of 10

I thought about doing a system restore, but I've installed all my applications and used this computer for the last several months. Doing a restore will reset everything....

Instead, is there a way to only reset the screen?

Or a better question, Is this normal for this model..?? Maybe it is normal and I'm just not used to it....
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 193
Message 8 of 10

Have you tried updating the display driver of the X1 tablet? If not, please try downloading the display driver from the Lenovo support website https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (enter the serial number) and go to the Driver and Software tab, then, look for the graphics display driver. After that, check the screen again. 

Regards,

Moosedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181
Message 9 of 10

This works so far!!!  I'll give it a day or two and report back to give it a thumbs up or let you know itf it does not stay...

:-)

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 176
Message 10 of 10

That's great! We're glad that everything seems to be working fine again. Please keep on monitoring laptop, and if the issue persists, let us know. Keep us posted! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors