Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G-bee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 748
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen 3 issues

i have a thinkpad X1 tablet Gen 3 and i have been having issues since i got it, it was previously connected to a thunderbolt 3 dock and the 2 external monitors kept disconnecting even after updating all the firmware and drivers. i changed to a dell dock and that solved the issue but now the tablet screen flickers some times and when this happens the keypad connected wont work and several folders will open at same time, i have checked for viruses and there is none. Anyone else experiencing this?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 420
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen 3 issues

Hi G-bee!

Thanks for posting in the Community,

Have tried installing the following driver?

ThinkPad USB-C Dock Firmware

Thunderbolt Firmware Update

Intel Thunderbolt Software

Intel Chipset Device Software

You can try installing these drivers if you haven't done it yet, and update us with the result afterwards.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

drastik112
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 3 of 4

I have been reviewing the ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen 3 issues that people are reporting and have experienced or am continuing to experience most in one way or another. The most frustrating are the absolutely dismal battery life (nowhere near the advertised levels so buyers beware) and the unreliable USB-C ports which 50 percent of the time require a reboot before peripherals are recognised. 

I must be honest I would trade down for the X1 Carbon and sacrifice the extra supposed portability in a heartbeat if I could, I have been embarrassed in front of so many customers when battling to connect to projectors or TV’s that I now warn them up front. It’s not doing the brand any good at all.

There are a constant stream of driver updates so I live in hope that the issues are indeed software related and not sub-standard hardware and that over time the issues will stabalise.

itisbo
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately what you write is both true and saddening - that the "crowning jewel" of Lenovo is a dismal product.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors