Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

01-03-2013

Australia

71 Signins

433 Page Views

• Views: 433
  • Message 11 of 61

Re: ThinkPad tablet shipping discussion - 2012 / 2013 edition

2013-01-11, 9:31 AM

Can I ask if anyone in Australia has received their TPT2 and in particular one with 3G?

thanks

Options

38 Posts

01-03-2013

Lynchburg, VA

88 Signins

781 Page Views

• Views: 781
  • Message 12 of 61

2013-01-11, 17:26 PM

I have a quick question.  When I ordered my TPT2, I received expedited shipping with my purchase.  Now, I am one of the lucky ones who has had their shipping date bounce around like a ping pong ball BUT my tablet has in fact shipped.  More specifically, my order details show that it shipped on 1/9.  When checking the UPS site, the label was created on the 10th @ 5:44 AM.  The next scan wasn't until 1/11 at 9:29 PM.  Scheduled delivery is not until the 16th "by end of day".

Now I do realize that this is coming from China.  And I do realize that different companies have different interpretations of the word expedited.  HOWEVER, the Customer Service agent I spoke to yesterday said that I would receive my product in 24-48 hours.  Worst case scenario, I would have expected delivery on Monday.  NOT 7 days after my package allegedly shipped per my order details on the Lenovo site.  

The accumulating number of descrepencies and misinformation or lack of information is troubling at best.  If I am wrong in this regard, I apologize but I believe that many of us have been extremely patient throughout this process with little reciprocation from Lenovo on how they can quell our concerns or issues.  

Options

1 Posts

01-17-2013

canada

14 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 13 of 61

2013-01-17, 12:34 PM

I ordered mine on 21st december 2012. Initally it showed that it will be shipped in a week or so... Since then on the shipping date they just keep on changing the date to another week or so.

Is this some kind of a sick joke on the part of Lenovo.

Guys if you dont have a product.... dont sell it.

And its sooo very unprofessional to keep on moving the shipping date everyday.

Make up your mind...

Business runs on reliability.

I dont understand what Lenovo is going to gain by losing the trust of its customers.

For Lenovo management:-

Customers = people who pay you .... so you can keep your jobs + and company can exist...

Order Number:

Options

135 Posts

01-19-2013

Austria

132 Signins

1387 Page Views

• Views: 1387
  • Message 14 of 61

2013-01-23, 1:37 AM

Hi guys,

if you have not got your TPT2 yet, you might want to have a look at http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Tpt2-issues-thread/m-p/984533 to give you an idea what you might be waiting for.

In my case the USB issue, that is mentioned a lot on the first page of THIS thread here, was an annoyance.

But http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/TPT2-Problems-after-prolonged-sleep/m-p/979927 was the deal breaker, since that rendered my device absolutely unusable.

And even more annoying is the fact that there is no real interest of Lenovo to address any of these issues with the due sincerity.

Lenovo: You need us! We don't need you or your product, we can go somewhere else!

I for example have sent my device back and will go for an ASUS VivoTab Smart - just as small and light weight,  with a microUSB only - but this one works! - and even cheaper. True, it does not support a pen, but in Austria/Germany I couldn't get a TPT2 with pen support anyway, not until the middle of March at least - and since deadlines seem to be ever moving further away: What would be the advantage of a TPT2 in comparison to this, worth waiting for? I can't see one.

I know my one device does not make a big difference, neither does my single voice, but open your eyes: Where I have personal contact to merely 80 to 90 people that now wouldn't loose a thought on giving a TPT2 a try anymorel, nowadays the impact of one unsatisfied customer like me is not limited to this small number of people.

One unsatisfied customer does not disappear anymore, each of us might have a small voice, but each of us has got a gigantic amplifier - the Internet.

And so have all the other unsatisfied customers you try to fob off with lame excuses and half informations!

Show some backbone, pay respect, stop fobbing us of with lame excuses and half informations, try it with honesty and earnestness! Maybe you can win back some of the lost trust.

Options

25 Posts

01-16-2013

Petaluma

87 Signins

935 Page Views

• Views: 935
  • Message 15 of 61

2013-01-23, 1:42 AM
@ScruffR

I agree that the USB is a big issue.

I have not experienced any of the other issues that people are talking about though, and i have done pretty substantial testing for them. Did you call support and request for a RMA to get the device replaced? It sounds like just a couple faulty devices.

In regards to the shipping, it was pretty ridiculous in the waiting times. But once it shipped, it was just as normal, and pretty fast.

Overall using the tablet, I am very pleased. If you are looking for a desktop replacement, look elsewhere. This has an atom processor, so it does hiccup on some tasks (I'm looking at you bloated flash). But other than that, it is surprisingly fast and fluid.
Options

12 Posts

11-18-2012

Brisbane

75 Signins

405 Page Views

• Views: 405
  • Message 16 of 61

2013-01-23, 10:37 AM

Mark, I received two emails from Lenovo during the pase 2 weeks confirming my order would be shipped by Jan 26th.

ALAS, today all dates on my NOVEMBER 16th order have again been removed (3 days before shipping).

You blokes realy know how to piss customers off! I thought your customer service centre learnt their lesson after the last round of shipping delays & date changes.

Perhaps someone at Lenovo could give your once satisfied customers an explanation of what the hell is going on over there.

Sincerely,

Options

35 Posts

01-08-2013

New Zealand

145 Signins

658 Page Views

• Views: 658
  • Message 17 of 61

2013-01-25, 9:18 AM
I just had a really weird experience. My order of the bluetooth keyboard for the TPT2 was pushed back from a ship date of 1/29 to 2/24 today.

Then, four hours later, I got a shipment notification. Four days ahead of the original schedule, and one month ahead of the update that they made to my order *today*.

All this makes me worry just a little bit about quality control!
Options

135 Posts

01-19-2013

Austria

132 Signins

1387 Page Views

• Views: 1387
  • Message 18 of 61

2013-01-25, 9:38 AM

Lenovo is about to lose one of the main advantages they had.

When I was looking for a tablet, I wanted one that runs full Win8, has pen support, has an USB port on the tablet itself (not the dock) and as light and small as possible but still kind of sturdy at an acceptable price - so I chose the TPT2, since it was available and promised all of the other things, BUT

1. Since I didn't need 3G I decided to order the N3S23GE plus a seperate pen, believing first info of Lenovo that ALL TPT2s will support pen. I even got the same answer, when I asked at my vendor, if pen will be supported - Outcome: NOT SUPPORTED.
  2. The USB port does exist - BUT does not support most HDDs, DVD drives/burners, 3G-USB-Keys
  3. Even if I'd forget about the USB devices, a pen supporting one is NOT AVAILABLE in time in Austria/Germany

Where TPT2 seemed to be the obvious choice, since it was the ONLY ONE AVAILABLE that fitted my wishes perfectly - it has turned out not to keep its promises AND now they are waisting time losing their advantage of a head start to others that would have been interesting to me - and others like me - but just were not quite there yet (e.g. Surface Pro, VivoTab Smart - no pen, but N3S23GE has neither and was more expensive, ...)

They are closing in on TPT2 and Lenovo is still not getting into gear, to speed things up - not with shipping nor with quality assurance.

Options

35 Posts

01-08-2013

New Zealand

145 Signins

658 Page Views

• Views: 658
  • Message 19 of 61

2013-01-25, 21:53 PM
How is your post relevant to tablet shipping? I understand you're frustrated, but there are already other forums for you to post about the USB issues.

It would be great if people could stay on-theme!
Options

2 Posts

01-26-2013

Sydney

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 20 of 61

2013-01-26, 7:29 AM

hi new here just thought id share my experience"

I ordered a 3g version of the tpt2 during xmas from lenovo and was similarly promised a 26/1 shipping date. I was even told that my tablet was on the prodcution line the day i called. I have since learnt that theres been a delay due to "shortage of lcd panels" and that i will get an updated timeframe by wednesday next week. However, if it seems that i wont receive my unit before the end of feb ill have to cancel. Really disapointed... even the surface pro is going to ship before ours.

Mike

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms