Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-31-2021

Switzerland

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad10 20C1 Windows Update Crash. Onscreen keyboard not working.

2021-01-31, 9:59 AM

Hello,

I am trying to help a friend who bought a ThinkPad-10-20C1 (without a physical keyboard) in 2014. Recently she tried to make a Windows update and it crashed. After that, the boot process would only display the Desktop background and no interaction is possible with the sensitive display screen. So we tried to restore the tablet to its original configuration. We could come to the initialisation Menu by pushing simultaneously the On/Off and Volume buttons. And within this Initialisation Menu, the interactive screen is operational and we could navigate to and launch the Full Restore Option. The restore started just fine and after 15-20 minutes it would display the message : "Continuer dans la langue sélectionnée ?" (Continue with the selected Language ?) . And "Français" (French) is highlighted in the list. But now the screen in no more interactive and we could not confirm by pressing the "Oui (Yes)" button. We did try to connect an USB keyboard , then an USB Mouse though the USB connector but it didn't help. 

I am completely stuck.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Black.Cap17

Options

4085 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

826 Signins

21093 Page Views

• Views: 21093
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:ThinkPad10 20C1 Windows Update Crash. Onscreen keyboard not working.

2021-02-01, 15:56 PM

Hello Black.Cap17!

Welcome to community forums.

The issue is most likely a hardware problem so it would be best to have a local tech check on it. You can check the list of authorized repair centers from this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/partnerlocator

Just fill up the information.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

1 Posts

02-14-2021

New Zealand

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-14, 9:23 AM

Hi, I face a different issue. After update, my touchscreen and audio not working. How do I reinstall the drivers? Also the tablet will not connect to the internet. Most of the times it will not detect the wifi, if detected, it will not connect!

Please help urgently because my son uses this for school.

Thanks.

Options

4085 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

826 Signins

21093 Page Views

• Views: 21093
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-15, 16:04 PM

Hello DTLP16!

Welcome to community forums.

Please create another thread for this topic. Make sure you post it on the correct board for your machine.

Regards

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms