BE

4 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad 10 (20E4) Black Screen

2018-12-12, 19:52 PM

Hello!

Yesterday, i bought a broken (i knew it was kaput, don't worry) Thinkpad 10 (20E4).

I've got some weird things going on when i try to start it.

First, i've got a black screen (there's still backlight), the touchscreen works as the tablet vibrates when i'm pressing the windows button.

But when i connected the tablet on a monitor (without restarting the tablet), nothing on the monitor BUT there's still backlight on the tablets' screen. Bare with me, there's more to come.

Then i tried rebooting, the screen still connected, and boom, i've got a signal on the monitor, it shows 1080p 60hz but black screen, and the tablet has no blacklight.

I also tried connecting a keyboard and pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL, and it seems like the tablet is restarting as the keyboard lights goes off and goes on again.

Does someone have a single idea of what is going on ?

Options

156 Posts

08-02-2018

US

136 Signins

585 Page Views

• Views: 585
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad 10 (20E4) Black Screen

2019-01-10, 9:36 AM

Helloe xavnotfound! Welcome to Community Forums.

Issue could be the operating system or graphics, check if you can boot and see the recovery options.

1. Force reboot the tablet by holding the power button untill it's off and turn it back on (do it twice).
2. From off state, push and hold both the power button and volume up button untill you see recovery menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete