Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgarri
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,454
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad 10 Rotation Lock Missing: SOLVED

I recently purchased a Thinkpad 10 tablet, and within the first day, it was broken.  I had installed a plethora of updates and other software, and along the way, my "Rotation Lock" in the action center went missing. Not greyed-out, not disabled, flat out missing!  I also found that the rotation lock settings in the display settings area had also gone missing.  I had suspicion that it was related to a Windows 10 build update that had been applied.

I created a ticket with Lenovo, but since it was so new they are simply sending my a shipping label for "service" on the device.

I did, however, find a solution.  During one of the updates, one of the sensors related to rotation had gone missing.

By going to Device Manager > Sensors, I was able to see multiple sensor arrays, but it was unclear which one was related to the actual rotation sensor.

By a stroke of luck, I looked under Human Interface Devices (of which there are many) and there was a "sensor" item (I forget the specific name) right above the "HID-compliant pen".  I right-clicked the sensor device and allowed windows to automatically search for the driver. It found a driver, I rebooted, and all the screen rotation goodies started working again.

I spent more time than I would care to admit on this problem, and I hope that it saves others some time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors