10-18-2012

United States

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Micro USB Charger, Cord and Port

2012-10-18, 3:42 AM

First off I have been a big Thinkpad fan for quite some time and I have sent my thinkpad tablet back for repair of the power button and was impressed by the service.  One thing I have noticed from day one of unboxing this unit is how poorly the fit was between the Micro USB port and the cord.  I have several devices and chargers that use this same type of port and they all fit well and snug.  Since December 2012  when I first unboxed this till about a week ago I could charge the device without fail.  Last week I had the Tablet plugged in to charge and it did not charge.  I left it plugged in and after a few hours I tried to turn it on again.  It powered up but did not have much of a charge.  When setting up on the standing case it stopped charging.  Gently moving the cord and it goes in and out of charging.  Since then I have not let the unit die so that when I plug it in I can see if its charging or not.  I have seen countless complaints about this issue on this forum and its been a concern of mine for a while.  Now its a problem I need fixed however I have not seen an official position on this.  I am looking for some feedback on what to expect when I send it for repair.  How you sent one in?  Did they fix it?  Was it fast my last repair was 4 days.  I use this daily and it is crucial to me.  Should I take photos the port seems in tact not broken 

Options

468 Posts

01-30-2012

United States of America

600 Signins

5731 Page Views

• Views: 5731
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Micro USB Charger, Cord and Port

2012-10-18, 15:47 PM

Try some self-help.....Enter micro USB in the search box at the top of the page. You'll find that service experience varies between the good, the bad and the ugly. Examples;

Great service;

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Great-service-by-Lenovo-regarding-micro-usb-issue/m-p/662161#M9989

Warranty refused;

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Warranty-refused-broken-USB-port/m-p/561663#M3590

Options

18 Posts

01-01-2012

Germany

24 Signins

334 Page Views

• Views: 334
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Micro USB Charger, Cord and Port

2012-10-21, 7:31 AM

hi,

had a broken power button and mini-usb port, too. i couldn't charge it anymore.

unfortunately, my warrenty expired two weeks before, so I fixed it by myself -> it is extremely easy.

open your device, use epoxy to reattach your button or usb-port, wait until it's hard, close it again, done!

i didn't even solder the contacts, just make sure that no glue is between them!

now, both (button and usbport) work like charm (and i think it's even better than before - shame on you lenovo for such poor quality!!!).

for a guide visit this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1521389&highlight=power+button

hope it helps!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms