Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatrickA_CC
What's DOS?
Views: 380
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Tablet 2 (TPT2) crashes running office apps

Model: 3679-25G

I have the system blue screening when trying to put Powerpoint into presentation mode (F5) (regardless whether running on the internal or an external screen). Same happens with Visio or when trying to run Google Chrome or Firefox. Have had the same problem also when trying to play a video using 3rd party video codecs (such as Media Player Classic). If one avoids running these applications or even the subfunction the system is just fine. Logged a call with Lenovo Support - they want to take the system in for repair but I am unsure whether this get's us anywhere as this does not look as if it was as straight hardware defect.

Anyone got across this issue already and has resolved it?

Seniorsergent
Token Ring
Views: 358
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Tablet 2 (TPT2) crashes running office apps

I don't know if it is of any help, but I am not seeing any of the above mentioned problems (I don't know about Visio, I never use it). And I am running Win 8.1 on a 3679-25G like yourself.

Regards

Mike

Slàinte
Mick
PatrickA_CC
What's DOS?
Views: 320
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Tablet 2 (TPT2) crashes running office apps

Have resolved the issue. As it turns out this behavior was caused by a lenovo driver software for my USB docking station (M01060). Whilst there is no driver for Windows 8 lenovo has a driver for Windows 7. According to Microsoft all Windows 7 drivers should work with Windows 8. well - this one doesn't. Funny though, even after uninstalling the driver software for the dock all functions keep working but without the blue screens.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors