Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chapman318
What's DOS?
Views: 518
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad X1, Gen3 tablet...stuck restarting

I recently bought the Thinkpad X1, Gen3 tablet. It said said it needed to restart for a change to take effect so I selected the restart option...that was an hour ago. The blue screen with the word Restarting and the swirling white dots going in a circle remain on the screen. I've tried to force it down and it won't turn off and won't finish the restart process. Suggestions of what to do other than wait for the battery to die?

Chapman318
What's DOS?
Views: 418
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1, Gen3 tablet...stuck restarting

FYI....I decided to wait for the battery to die. I've been busy and haven't gone back to it until tonight. The minute I put the charger in, the blue restarting screen shows up again! And again, won't let me force shut down. Thoughts?
Frankie3s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 396
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad X1, Gen3 tablet...stuck restarting

Maybe too late to respond, you'll need to start the computer in troubleshooting mode.  To do this, you'll need to have a USB key with a bootable copy of windows 10 on it.  Reboot your computer if you can, or wait until the battery has died (if that's your only option), turn the computer on by plugging it in and press the entire key as the computer is starting.  Then select the USB key as your boot device and when windows appears, select troubleshooting.

From there there are options such as system restore recovery, and an option to fix startup issues.  If you need more information, google what has been mentioned and you should be able to find what you need.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors