11-25-2014

United States

23 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad tablet 2 typing lag

2014-11-25, 17:52 PM

I'm having an irritating problem with my Thinkpad Tablet 2. In two programs -- MS Word and the built-in Mail program with Windows 8.1 -- I have major typingj lag when using an external (USB) keyboard. I can type whole sentences faster than the mail program, and MS Word is slow enough to be annoying. The problem is worst when there is pre-existing text that I'm adding to; with brand new documents or messages, all seems fine.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Jonathan

Options

31 Posts

11-25-2014

United States

23 Signins

131 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad tablet 2 typing lag

2015-01-05, 3:38 AM

Bump! Still no solution to this problem, and I'm dreading sending the machine to Lenovo. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

wrote:

I'm having an irritating problem with my Thinkpad Tablet 2. In two programs -- MS Word and the built-in Mail program with Windows 8.1 -- I have major typingj lag when using an external (USB) keyboard. I can type whole sentences faster than the mail program, and MS Word is slow enough to be annoying. The problem is worst when there is pre-existing text that I'm adding to; with brand new documents or messages, all seems fine.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Jonathan

Options

201 Posts

04-18-2014

Toronto, ON

240 Signins

1956 Page Views

• Views: 1956
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-01-08, 14:27 PM

Same problem already described here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Tablets/Thinkpad-Tablet-2-typing-lag-in-mail-Windows-8-1/m-p/1845808#M30043. I have always relied on the mail app to send my messages from the tablet and the problem only started happening for the past month. Not sure if a Windows Update or Lenovo Update is causing the lag - but it seems to be the case that Lenovo Settings keeps hanging on the automatically installing updates screen - is this the source of the problem?

Please help, thanks!

Options

31 Posts

11-25-2014

United States

23 Signins

131 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2015-01-09, 17:34 PM

Hi - That other thread is mine, too. I'm not quite sure how I created two duplicate threads. Sorry about that!

Anyway, no solutions yet. Someone suggested turning off spelling correction and other options under typing. Didn't help, unfortunately. And my problem now seems wed exclusively to the Mail app. Two slight updates:

1) I've checked the task manager while using Mail, and there don't seem to be inordinate spikes in CPU or memory usage. I've made a video, which I've linked here: Video of typing lag.

2) The lag does, in fact, occur with brand new mail messages. As soon as I hit around 100-150 words, things slow to a crawl.

Help!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms