Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
joe75
HDMI
Views: 306
Message 61 of 66

Re: Thinkpad8: no wireless networks detected

Puppy, Not as drastic as your suggestion but via software i have made the following actions
1) in BIOS deactived all I/O (WIFI, BT,USB,...).
2) DEACTIVATED BATTERY IN BIOS
3) Hold for 1 MN the reset button that deactivate the power from the battery (ok that step is not software…)

Now with no power AC the tablet won't boot until it is plugged again so i think the motherboard is really unpowered…
I am going to wait and will plug her again in a week maybe the wifi chip will reboot.

Thinkpad 8 4G/128 GB LTE 64 bits Windows 10 pro/8.1 pro
wuebbelf
Serial Port
Views: 295
Message 62 of 66

I've written off my device years ago, but reading your post, I thought I might try again - it has been off for years, so it should definitely do a restart. It didn't, although I'm not completely sure whether I've just wrecked the whole thing with my driver tests.

I noticed that in the past years, someone hinted that there has to be a text file in c:\windows\drivers for wireless to work. Since I wrecked my installation, could some kind soul test the driver package on

https://www.csl-computer.com/shop/shop_content.php?coID=11

WLAN-Update has a zip file which contains such a text file. Executing the auto_install.cmd as administrator should do the trick.

The problem is that the text file holds dozens of parameters, and the wireless chip on the Thinkpad 8 is different, I believe, so don't jump at me if it doesn't work.

Best wishes, Frank

joe75
HDMI
Views: 270
Message 63 of 66

Hi,

Do you have the name of the driver or a direct link to the driver or the directory, i don't know where to find it on

https://www.csl-computer.com/shop/shop_content.php?coID=11

Thanks

wuebbelf
Serial Port
Views: 261
Message 64 of 66

Sorry, my mistake. The link was incorrect (for some reason, the URL in the address bar never updates). The correct one should be

https://ftp.csl-computer.com/pub/drivers/mini-pc/CSL_Narrow_Box/51194_52233_52852/

WLAN-Update in there should have it. But as I said, I fear the update won't even install...

Best wishes, Frank

Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 183
Message 65 of 66

@joe75 wrote:

I am going to wait and will plug her again in a week maybe the wifi chip will reboot.

Any result?

HDMI
Views: 152
Message 66 of 66

Not really - sorry- but i did not wait 1 week  it was more 24 hours (*) with no good result (WIFI and Bluetooth still not working)

I also tried the driver at link suggested by wuebbelf  :-), with autocommand not successfully but it might work with some knowledge about the right parameters.

(*) I was eager to install PrimeOS (Android) X64 on it, dual boot mode but you need a keyboard to switch OS which is a bit cumbersome 

and of course still no wifi  but otherwise everything else seemed to work

I  will keep this Tablet as as  testing solution for my other one in working order bought on ebay a few months ago.

Anyway Puppy, in short depending on how much you want a 8 inch windows tablet.

Option 1 : Buy another one if you can find one very cheap.

Option 2 : use an adaptor for wifi ...but no bluetooth

Option 3: Switch to android or wait for andromeda for 8" tablets.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors