Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-16-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 1

TpT2 3679-2U type

2020-03-16, 18:36 PM

Hi folks,

Very new to forums - I'm not sure if this post will even work.

Problem: my TpT2 was Win 8.1 then migrated to Win10.  I found an app I wanted to load.  In the recent (Nov 2019?) Win10 update they changed the Microsoft Store version.  I finally let Microsoft techs remote on & update my Win10 so I could get the app to work (they said the problem was I had an old version of Store).

Despite assurances my TpT2 no longer boots properly - it can't find the native drivers needed to operate wifi, gps, video drivers, etc.  I get as far as the Horrible Circle on a blue screen then all goes black.

I have downloaded Win10 on 3 occasions and each time it refuses to load properly.  There is no rollback recovery (that got toasted by Microsoft).

At one point I had Win10 almost operational but the native drivers (I downloaded them from Lenovo) wouldn't load properly and Win10 couldn't reconcile them properly.

Prior to MS crushing the tablet it was always updated properly and diagnostics showed it was completely up to date.

What I have been trying to find out is how to return the native drivers without using Win10 so I can get the TpT2 running again.  Sadly, for an old beast like my TpT2, Lenovo is lacking resources too it appears.

Alternately I've been researching how to load a Linux distro without bricking my TpT2 (doesn't look promising) as I've pretty much given up on Microsoft.

So, I'd like to know -

a) is there a way to restore the drivers from BIOS so I can try to load Win10 (or Win8.1)?

b) anybody ever been successful with Linux (something like UBPorts or OLPC, or any other distro)?

c) if I can do a) how can I get Win10 to behave and load the TpT2 properly so it works again?

I do hope this posting works and that someone out there is able to help.

Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms