Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahlin
Paper Tape
Views: 804
Message 1 of 6

X1 Tablet 3rd Gen ACPI S3 (sleep) support

Hi,

I'm starting a thread to ask for ACPI S3 sleep support on the X1 Tablet 3rd Gen similarily to what has recently been added to the X1 Carbon 6th Gen. Any information (from e.g. Lenovo Staff) about plans to add this and if so at what time would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Daniel  

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 760
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen ACPI S3 (sleep) support

There is no plan to do this.  I know this isn't the answer you're looking for but I wanted to let you know definitively that S3 support won't be coming to the tablet models.

ahlin
Paper Tape
Views: 751
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

For what it may be worth for Lenovos decision making process: The last conference I were at I had about ten people, noting me running Linux on the tablet and asking what my experience was. I said great, except for no working suspend to RAM and if I knew about that I would not have bought it, to which they concurred. I think it likely you will loose all potential Linux customers by this decision and, in all honesty and if there are no HW-issues involved, I would assume the NRE costs for fixing this would be smaller than that loss.

In addition to this there is the general Thinkpad brand devaluation the decision to support only Modern Standby (S0i3) has caused. This does not only involve the tablet models nor only Linux - even Windows users and non-tablet laptop users have complained that S0i3 is too power-hungry. As someone that has for a long time used and valued your products I hope that the decision was taken and is maintained with this in mind. Of course if Lenovo has solid business reasons for this I can argue no further - only switch to other products.

Best regards,

Daniel

cass00
Paper Tape
Views: 652
Message 4 of 6

ahlin
Paper Tape
Views: 617
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I'll try it out. It's also good to know there is no HW-basis for this decision from Lenovo (which I guess makes it possible for them to include the same choice for the tablet model as they do for the X1 Carbon).

Highlighted
harrydg
Paper Tape
Views: 120
Message 6 of 6

I have to agree. I bought this tablet (and lenovo's in general) because of the history of linux support. However, so many things are not working:

1. deep sleep (S3). OK, i hacked the ACPI thingy myself, but this is hardly user friendly

2. fingerprint: how hard can this be!?

3. Fn keys... some are "locked", some are not. A lot of keys give the same event in xev

4. powerbutton doesn't work

5. no rear camera in linux

many things that can't be hard to "enable" for linux... so SOME support would be nice. If this doesn't come in the near future, i'll not buy any lenovo material anymore in the future. the Dell XPS13 of a colleague works perfectly on linux, even fingerprint reader!

I don't see what the reason is to be "so much AGAINST" linux?

anyway... just my 2 cents... see if lenovo cares about its customers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors