CA

14 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 1 of 11

X1 Tablet 3rd Gen Keyboard Touchpad Issues

2019-10-03, 18:49 PM

Hey All!

I recently purchased an X1 Tablet 3rd Gen (screen protector is on its way hah). Really enjoying it so far. 99% of the time I use it with a usb mouse and keyboard. But when I use it with the keyboard the teblet gets shipped with, I am noticing Touchpad issues where it doesn't sense my finger and then it kicks in. So I touch the touch pad and it doesn't recognize it, then I lift my finger and retouch it and then it starts to work. All of the Drivers are up to date in Vantage and I beleive I did a reinstall of the touchpad driver properly, but the same issues is still happening. I have also adjusting touchpad sensitivity in windows settings and the issue is still there.

It is well within my replacement/return window still, I am seeing this same touchpad issue on 2 machines now. So it really seems like a driver issue, not a hardware one.

Have any other owners noticed this at all? Any potential fixes that anyone can offer? Really liking the overall device usage and what it brings, hoping I can sort this out or would just probably end up returning. Thank you in advance!

Cheers

Options

8 Posts

11-06-2018

US

14 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen Keyboard Touchpad Issues

2019-10-24, 2:19 AM

I am having the exact opposite issue. When I try to use the trackpad to reposition the cursor, most of the time the system also reads this as a mouse click-and-drag. So, instead of just moving the cursor, I get a selection. I've tried reducing sensitivity to the lowest level to no avail.

Any suggestions

Options

8 Posts

12-23-2019

CA

17 Signins

294 Page Views

• Views: 294
  • Message 3 of 11

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen Keyboard Touchpad Issues

2020-01-06, 1:27 AM

This has started to occur with mine as well. For the first couple of weeks it seemed to be fine but now it almost always registers a single or double finger tap instead of a draw or scroll. I have to reboot to get it to work properly again, which is a pain. I'm not sure if it's related to some software I've loaded or my BT mouse or what...

Options

1 Posts

09-21-2018

US

6 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 4 of 11

Re:X1 Tablet 3rd Gen Keyboard Touchpad Issues

2020-03-06, 14:50 PM

Hi, I'm having the same problem intermittently.  The touchpad will randomly become extra-sensitive.  Detaching and re-attaching the keyboard will help for a while, and restarting also helps.  However, this problem is becoming more and more frequent.

Options

1 Posts

07-30-2020

GB

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 11

2020-07-30, 21:27 PM

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue.

Options

8 Posts

02-17-2019

CA

14 Signins

145 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2020-08-09, 23:51 PM

Hey All!

So after a bunch of messing around, the same issues happening on multiple 3rd Gen X1 Tablets and keyboards, I found its a Drive issue of some sort. In Device Manager - Mice and Other Pointing Devices - Synaptics Pointing Device is the issue... no idea what the actual issue is though. When I disable that driver it instantly starts working flawlessly. Again no idea why, and no updates or anything seem to help so there is clearly a running issue with that Driver and the keyboard/trackpad for the 3rd Gen X1.

Most often my device is on my desk without the keyboard and attached to an external monitor, so I rarely have been using it with the keyboard and trackpad... but just now have for this purpose to test it out and still seeing the same issue with the trackpad. Would be cool if it was fixed instead of needing to disable a driver. Anyways, hope that helps give some insight.

Cheers,

Brett

Options

4 Posts

11-16-2018

US

3 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 7 of 11

2020-08-28, 5:11 AM

Disabling the Synaptics driver does fix the issue... but only for about 5 mins but then the touchpad just stops working entirely. So disabling the synaptics touchpad driver is NOT a solution at all. I bought 2 of these X1 Tablet Gen 3's one for myself and one for my mother a little of a year ago and I have been suffering with this issue since day one (specifically it thinks I am clicking and dragging when I am either just moving the cursor or scrolling). Honestly the fact that so many of us have complained of this issue with no resolution tells me it will never be fixed by lenovo (and yes I opened a support case with them awhile ago and they sent me a replacement keyboard... the new keyboard does the exact same thing). It is clearly an unresolved driver issue and since the Gen 3 is no longer the latest model I dont suspect lenovo will care enough to fix the problem.

Last lenovo product I will ever buy... total waste of money, and my poor mom is 57 and doesnt understand this stuff so she just carries around a usb keyboard and mouse in her bag (shes a real estate agent). 

I'm over it. Please fix this lenovo or you are losing a lifetime Thinkpad buyer.

Options

8 Posts

09-02-2015

Glasgow

10 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 8 of 11

2020-09-01, 11:22 AM

@ JAG88 wrote:

It is clearly an unresolved driver issue and since the Gen 3 is no longer the latest model I dont suspect lenovo will care enough to fix the problem.

Sorry to read about these troubles - I am keen to buy one of these to use as my main work computer. 

I don't see a newer model. Where do you get that the Gen 3 is no longer the latest model? 

Options

8 Posts

02-17-2019

CA

14 Signins

145 Page Views

• Message 9 of 11

2020-09-01, 19:34 PM

It does definitely seem like an unresolved driver issue. My experience isn't the same as @JAG88 above... when I disable Synaptics driver mine works without issue and doesn't completely stop working after 5 minutes. But with that said, its annoying the driver issue hasn't been fixed by Lenovo for this device. I will try reaching out to them to see.

Also this week, I will go through the process of reinstalling and Synaptics driver again to note my exact process and post it here incase others want to try it. I find it works well, but we still shouldn't need to do this to fix the solution... it should be fixed through a Lenovo driver fix update.

Talk to you soon,

Brett

Options

4 Posts

11-16-2018

US

3 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 10 of 11

2020-09-01, 22:46 PM

thanks brett!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete