Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

02-17-2019

Canada

14 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 161 of 351

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

2019-02-18, 2:43 AM

Hey MtnMike!

Just seeing how your extended screen protector use has been overall? Any big negatives or much decrease in visual screen quality? Thanks for your time and insight, they are much appreciated!

Regards

Options

31 Posts

12-23-2014

United States of America

130 Signins

1032 Page Views

• Views: 1032
  • Message 162 of 351

2019-02-18, 4:45 AM

[Apologies, I know we're trying to keep this thread on-topic, but my feedback was solicited, so...here goes...]

B-rett,

The screen protector I'm currently using (The BROTECT AirGlass model from protectionfilms24.com) has--in MY opinion--been very good, and is holding up just fine, even in the face of extended use.  Everyone's taste is different, and I find this particular protector to be just fine for my use.  I don't find that it degrades the bightness or sharpness, or the touch/pen responisveness of the screen at all.  Again, this is MY opinion and according to the questionable acuteness of my almost-50-year-old eyes.  (In the interest of full disclosure, due to my fear of damaging my screen, I've not used my tablet extensively without a protector of some sort on it; my evaluation may be skewed.)

The only negative I find is that it is indeed very reflectice.  More reflective than the bare panel.  I can mostly overlook it, but at the right angle, it can be very distracting.  I don't fault anyone for making this trait a deal killer.

Now, I don't know if this is a fair comparison, but here it is for what it's worth.  I also have a new ThinkPad Yoga 3rd Gen, and according to the resident artist (my daughter), the pen feel of the bare, native Yoga screen is better than that of the BROTECT screen protector.  So...that may be something to consider as well.  Again, in my case, for simple note taking, the BROTECT is fine.

The BoxWave Anti-Glare protector I had was much better about glare, but it did degrade the image quality a great deal.  The screen was still plenty bright, and touch/pen responsiveness was fine, but the screen lost its sharpness.

So...hope this helps.  

Options

31 Posts

08-24-2008

United States of America

131 Signins

1318 Page Views

• Views: 1318
  • Message 163 of 351

2019-02-18, 18:23 PM

I have a five month old X1 Extreme and one year old Yoga 920 both, no problems with screen protective coating on either to-date and I touch on both a fair amount, particularly the Yoga. I also have a leather folio stand cover on both so when thrown in a bag the screen never comes completely down on the keyboard.

Options

3 Posts

02-20-2019

Israel

7 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 164 of 351

2019-02-20, 9:14 AM

Hi

After few days i also get scratched on my screen

I called Lenovo' they gonna change my screen for a new one, and also a new keyboard

They only tell me that the Keyboard was fixed, but the screen remains the same model.

Do you have any experience with this "new" keyboard, does it still scratch the screen ? (because it seems that the screen was not upgraded)

Ty

Options

202 Posts

07-30-2009

Netherlands

979 Signins

3811 Page Views

• Views: 3811
  • Message 165 of 351

2019-02-20, 9:19 AM

I am still not sold on the solution. My current screen has coating feeling off from touches, not keyboard or pen. Clearly visible in areas where I tap while playing a game for instance .. I have a new keyboard as well.. No change. Coating still comes off. . 

Lenovo Premium Business Partner
X1 Tablet 3rd gen | i7-8650U | 16Gb | 1Tb | WWAN | W10 Pro x64 | Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Options

3 Posts

02-20-2019

Israel

7 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 166 of 351

2019-02-20, 9:22 AM

Wow this is so frustrating ! 

What will you do?

Options

2019-02-20, 22:50 PM

An update on my case: I sent my X1 in for the second time after multiple calls and the service agent assuring me this is a known problem and they would replace the type cover with the "new" one in addtion to the screen. I just received an invoice for $700 for the "cosmetic" repair on the device. I called them and explained this is a known issue and that I had spoken to an agent about it. The agent responded that they did not see that conversation and would have to look further into it. So now I am in limbo with a $700 charge for a defective device.

modified to comply with forum rules - mod

Options

20 Posts

12-01-2018

United States of America

34 Signins

217 Page Views

• Views: 217
  • Message 168 of 351

2019-02-21, 2:14 AM

it's a known issue on multiple devices, and it's just laziness on their part for not fixing it. Nonpeeling screen coating is a solved problem, an elementary ante required to do business with glass screens. This is a joke at this point, and their playing dumb is only going to get them so far.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules.

Options

12 Posts

01-22-2019

United States of America

39 Signins

237 Page Views

• Views: 237
  • Message 169 of 351

2019-02-21, 3:13 AM

Keep pressing, TeKnical! They sent me the same invoice, and the service rep finally agreed to do it free of charge. I actually sent them a link to this exact forum. This happened early January 2019.

***An update on my X1T3 unit: so far after a month of normal use, no issues with second screen. In fact... It looks like the screen has an extra layer of coating on it. For instance, when the screen is off, I can visibly see a film that was coated on either by spray, print, or otherwise. I'm not sure if that means anything because I wasn't really looking for that before I sent the device in. Will keep everyone updated. Just to be clear, this is my replacement screen. Hopefully, it is simply fixed, OR it shows its ugly head before the warranty expires (~280 days).

AND maybe one day Lenovo will just acknowledge and issue a mass recall or replacement program! *Come on, Lenovo!*

Options

2019-02-21, 16:50 PM

Thanks for the positive words. I called them up again and realized the supplied support number in the most recent email was for a 3rd party repair depot who could care less about what Lenovo said. They did however say the would wave the fee because this repair was withi 90 days of the first repair. I told them I at a minimum wanted a new typeface cover and they said too bad.

I then called lenovo and explained the situation about them promising me a new type cover. They apologized and said at this point in the process there was nothing they could do. I told them that was unacceptable and they said they were sorry. I demended to talk to a supervisor but was told they are "very busy" and can't talk. I said I will be happily getting involved with litigation then and they finally said they would call me sometime today.

If I am being honest I have little confidence that they will actually call. I suppose I will at least get my device back with a new screen. Hopefully they dont do some other damage to it in the process!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms