Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad TabletsThinkPad Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

01-06-2019

Poland

10 Signins

166 Page Views

• Views: 166
  • Message 191 of 351

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

2019-02-28, 0:52 AM

Update from my end.

Heading in to service in Hong Kong for Lenovo to supposedly change the screen and keyboard. I expect to probably have the same issue again in a few weeks after replacement.

Lenovo have continued to try and claim this is not a warranty job but is being done out of courtesy, however keep also in their communicaiton keep reffering to the below.

"Besides, please be kindly noted that, according to our Limited Warranty regarding part replacement, “When warranty service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes Lenovo’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property”.  You are welcomed to visit our website at https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/l505-0010-02_en_update.pdf for more warranty information.  Your kind understanding and acceptance for the aforesaid explanation is much appreciated."

Lenovo further have tried to claim (which appears to be a blatent lie) that the LCD has no quality issue and my machine was dispatched after they resolved the issue, it was also delivered with this "revolutionary magical enhanced" keyboard 01HX850. However not so, mine was dispatched with a 01AW830. So either Lenovo have no control of their records, or they continue to send out faulty products from stock with no intent of making a fix! Lenovo have failed to provide any details on what has been fixed with these replacement parts.

Regards Brett

Hi Lenovo,

Please note, that the comments stand that this is indeed a quality issue with the screen coating and not CID. As evidenced by the discrete and specific wear caused by Lenovo components and exacting issues from other consumers with identical machines delivered in the last few months (despite Lenovo’s claim that the issue was fixed last year, which is obviously not correct). The replacement of the keyboard does not resolve the core issue. Furthermore Lenovo’s records appear to be incorrect, the machine was not delivered with a 01HX850 Keyboard (either incorrect records or false and misleading statements from Lenovo), my suspicion is that Lenovo have continued to deliver stock items to consumers irrespective of having known there is a quality issue that warrants a recall on these machines.

I will aim to visit the store for this to be repaired under warranty morning of the 2nd of March. I also fully expect if the exact issue happens again (as it has with other consumers), that the screen will continue to be replaced under warranty due to poor quality screen coatings until such time as this quality issue is resolved by Lenovo. I will keep the keyboard that is being replaced.

Should Lenovo cause any damage to the machine during the replacement of the screen, the liability for further repair under warranty will rest on Lenovo. I will also retain all records of directs costs associated with having to deal with this issue if required for future claims.

The above is not for negotiation, if Lenovo decline to accept the terms then a full refund for the machine must be provided for the faulty machine.

Regards,

Brett Silich

Dear Mr. Silich,

Reference is made to your further email dated February 14, 2019 regarding your comment on our repairing service of Lenovo X1 Tablet GEN 3 M/T: 20KJCTO1WW S/N: ******** (“the machine”) is much appreciated.  Once again, thank you very much for bringing the matter to our attention.  We would like to address your concerns as follows.

We are deeply sorry to learn about your unpleasant experience with the problem of the machine.  However, regarding your concern with our product quality, as per our previous replies, please rest assured on the quality of our products.  Whereas, please kindly note that, there is no LCD quality issue with the Lenovo X1 Tablet GEN 3 M/T: 20KJCTO1WW.  In order to maximize customer experience with our product, an enhanced keyboard (FRU#01HX850) has released in September 2018.  According to our record, the machine was manufactured on November 8, 2018.  Based on the above-mentioned, please rest assured that the machine was built with the enhanced keyboard.

Upon receiving your comment, we have conducted another in-depth and thorough inspection with respective sessions.  According to our record, the machine was purchased from Lenovo HK eShop and it was delivered to you on November 21, 2018.  The problem of display has some scratches was first reported by you to our Lenovo HK eShop on December 23, 2018.  You were invited to visit our Service Center for inspection on the next day.  As advised by our Service Center, you visited us on January 5, 2019.  After a preliminary inspection at our Service Center Counter, it was found that such damage was diagnosed as a non-natural damage that falls beyond Lenovo’s warranty service.  We hope to obtain your kind understanding that according to our Customer induced damage (CID) guide – laptops and desktops, “surface scratch on surface panel” will be considered as CID.  Meanwhile, under Lenovo warranty policy which is provided with each of our products, “failure or damage resulting from misuse, abuse, accident, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment, natural disasters, power surges, improper maintenance, or use not in accordance with product information materials” by the owner is not covered.  Please visit our website at https://support.lenovo.com/hk/en/solutions/ht104148 and https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/l505-0010-02_en_update.pdf for more information on our warranty service.  Thus, under this circumstance, we regret to inform you that the damage of the machine is not covered under our warranty service.  We truly understand your unpleasant experience on the machine and would like to provide paid repairing service.  We hope to obtain your kind understanding for the aforesaid explanation and arrangement. 

Furthermore, as per our previous replies, only after-sales repairing service to the machine on hardware fixing during warranty period could be provided in accordance with our Company’s policy.  As a result, we regret to restate that refund on the machine could not be made in this regard. 

However, after further reviewed your comment by our Company and in view of customer satisfaction, we have specially offered you a one-off free repairing service (part and labor) for your consideration on January 25, 2019.  Such special offer would be valid till February 27, 2019.  In addition, aiming at maximizing customer satisfaction, related parts (LCD and the enhanced keyboard) have already pre-reserved for you by our Service Center if such special offer is accepted by you.  Last but not least, we are more than happy to extend the aforesaid special arrangement to March 30, 2019. 

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us, which is indispensable to our growth.  We highly value our customers’ satisfaction and look forward to the pleasure of offering our customers excellent service in the future.  Should you have any further comments, please do not hesitate to contact our Service Center at (852) 3140 2788 or via email at..............

Best regards,

Admin note; post edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

Options

10 Posts

02-27-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

113 Page Views

• Views: 113
  • Message 192 of 351

2019-02-28, 1:12 AM

I have the magic 01HX850 keyboard AND I have had scratches on the screen

Options

12 Posts

01-22-2019

United States of America

39 Signins

237 Page Views

• Views: 237
  • Message 193 of 351

2019-02-28, 21:56 PM

OK... so I reached out to Lenovo and they have "escalated" my case, since it is a recurring issue. However, when I spoke to the first person I talked with at the service depot to receive my new ticket number, he said there was NO paperwork AT ALL leading depots to believe this was a recurring issue. He told me he was holding 12 pages of paperwork from Lenovo, which specifically lists all problem areas of devices... and the X1 Tablet is NOT listed on this watchlist form. This is crazy ha... Now I don't even want the X1 Carbon or Yoga because I've read that these are showing the same display symptoms. I asked about either a refund (since we were at a standstill), to which the rep said it was past the 30 day return mark. I asked for a replacement Ideabrand Yoga C930, since that one seems to be having rave reviews HOWEVER they will not swap out a Thinkbrand product with an Ideabrand product for whatever reason. So, here I am awaiting to hear from "higher management." It could be three days before I hear anything about this.

I've attached pictures... I have definitely pinpointed that my display is scuffing from the middle trackpoint BUTTON right above the trackpad. The dots on the button are what is causing the issue. Also, the scratches and scuffs are SUPER faint (between the light reflections), however this is after only one month of use after returning from the depot. In fact, I received my computer exactly one month from today via Fedex. So, if this is one month of use, I would hate to see two or three, or so on.

Options

10 Posts

02-27-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

113 Page Views

• Views: 113
  • Message 194 of 351

2019-02-28, 22:47 PM

Too bad they are not doing an exchange!

I thought the scratches were caused by from the trackpoint too. There are replacement trackpoint caps available (10 caps a pckage. Who needs that many??), which means they are removable easily. I'm wondering whether taking the  off would help, or trimming the surface so that it sticks out less. I'm not using the trackpoint anyway...

Options

16 Posts

02-27-2019

United States of America

31 Signins

309 Page Views

• Views: 309
  • Message 195 of 351

2019-02-28, 22:55 PM

Yep! The middle click button is the culprit in my case. Looks like the raised ridge is too tall! Ugh, and thanks for the update. I was going to call the depot also.

Options

12 Posts

01-22-2019

United States of America

39 Signins

237 Page Views

• Views: 237
  • Message 196 of 351

2019-02-28, 23:20 PM

Yeah.. I’m sorry, JU808, I meant the TrackPAD middle button. Not trackpoint. I didn’t make that clear. Here’s a pic of the exact part causing my issues.

Good luck, Orion!

Options

2019-03-01, 19:29 PM

My X1 tablet shipped on the last day of January and had keyboard FRU 02HL150.  I was hoping this might prevent the screen scratching issue but when I took a ruler and set it lengthwise on the keyboard then pushed it from the front of the keyboard to the back, it catches on the raised bumps on the trackpoint, or touchpad, middle button so this makes me think my tablet might eventually get scratches on its screen.

I guess I"m sending it back since I'm still within the return period.  It's too bad Lenovo won't permanently fix or even acknowledge this problem because it is a really nice tablet if it didn't potentially have this major flaw.

Options

2 Posts

03-01-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 198 of 351

2019-03-01, 22:24 PM

Hello everyone,

Im am sadly another person who purchased an X1 Gen 3 that is also having this issue. I recieved mine at the end of december and a bout a month later began noticing scuffs on my X1. Being a school used device (mainly using keyboard barely any touch or pen use) I have finally been able to part with my X1 and contacted their support number where i was connected with a Support agent. This person had absolutely no idea what i was talking about and i had to try and describe it to her up to 10 times. we eventually got to her saying she would have a box sent to me so i can have it sent out for repairs under my warranty (standard warranty). I proceeded to than message their online support team because my issue didnt seem like it had any explination. He said that it would be cover under warranty unless they deemed it customer induced. I can already imagine that this is going to be a difficult process and am already regretting my decision to purchase this product. I will not pay for this thing to be replaced I have given them more than enough money to warrant a device with a screen that doesn't scuff up after barely a month of use. I will try and keep you all updated with my process.

MotoX01

My Device:

"Updated keyboard"- 01HX850

Display- LP130QP1-SPA1

Only been cleaned with microfiber cloth no liquid cleaners and has spent all but 5 days being transported in a microfiber lined carrying case.

Options

16 Posts

02-27-2019

United States of America

31 Signins

309 Page Views

• Views: 309
  • Message 199 of 351

2019-03-02, 0:52 AM

Thanks for the well-wishes, team. Also, welcome to the club, MotoX01... such a bummer for an otherwise amazing device.

Options

2019-03-02, 0:55 AM

Be aware that they may try to bill you. Make sure you push back! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms