22 Signins

173 Page Views

• Views: 173
  • Message 321 of 322

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

2020-02-08, 13:05 PM

HI.

Just an update:

Yesterday, I received my x1 back from having its 3rd screen replaced under warranty.

Yes, this is the 4th screen and the first three were all replaced for the same problem - coating peel.  And the last screen developed unusually bright pixel groups in two locations.

I never travel with my x1. It always sits on my side table next to my couch.  There is absolutley no way that I caused any of the peeling on the screen. I haven't even used the touch screen after the third repleacement!

I just bought one of those photodon protectors so we'll see how it holds up then.

Fortunatley, I bought the two year warranty and have until November, 2020.

I really do like the device and have no other issues with it.

Options

641 Posts

07-20-2009

US

6209 Signins

23772 Page Views

• Views: 23772
  • Message 322 of 322

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

2020-02-08, 13:43 PM

wrote:

HI.

Just an update:

Yesterday, I received my x1 back from having its 3rd screen replaced under warranty.

I just bought one of those photodon protectors so we'll see how it holds up then.

Fortunatley, I bought the two year warranty and have until November, 2020.

I really do like the device and have no other issues with it.

Great to hear that they're (still) covering this under warranty, at least for some! I also just upgraded my warranty to ease my mind. I even went as far as getting the accidental damage protection. I figure the least that does is improve the resale value! :) I also like the machine despite the shortish battery life. Shame they never made a gen 4!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete