Highlighted
Silichb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,080
Message 101 of 220

Re: X1 Tablet 3rd Gen - Screen scratching

Thank you for choosing Lenovo eShop.

We are sorry for the update delay.

After checking with our Service Center, we were confirmed that the issue that was mentioned on the Lenovo forum has been fixed last year. Since your order was accepted and shipped from our plant after the fix, we hereby confirm you that your machine is not impacted by the same issue.

According to the inspection result provided by our Service Center, the issue was diagnosed as customer induced damage(CID). Please understand CID is not covered by the warranty, hence we are unable to provide replacement service for you.

We sincerely apologize if any inconvenience caused to you, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via ......................, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Response to the above, below:

Hi,

This response is unacceptable and incorrect.

Please note I refuse to accept this Tablet which is faulty.

The remedy required immediately per the consumer act is for Lenovo to:

1. Replace the Tablet with another unit that is not faulty or
  2. If the above is not possible provide an immediate refund for the Tablet

Lenovo has a responsibility under the warranty terms to fix/replace items that are faulty and not fit for purpose. The screen is faulty and I am not the only purchaser with the same issue. It is not physically possible for a unit that has supposedly been tested to Mil-Spec standards for the screen coating to be wearing off from normal use within less than 1 month from purchase!

https://solutions.lenovo.com/resource-center/pc-solutions/partner-network/mil-spec-tested/#

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Think%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/ThinkPad%20X1%20Tablet%2...

This is obviously a faulty/poor screen coating that is wearing off exactly where the keyboard and buttons touch the screen when closed, whilst being used with normal proper care and maintenance. It is not CID per you own guidelines (https://support.lenovo.com/hk/en/solutions/ht104148#lcd)

Please explain

• How customer service believe it is CID (what evidence does Lenovo have of how the computer is used and maintained)?
  • What was fixed with the screens and on which date, to which machines?

In addition to lodging a complaint with Lenovo based on the below response I will also lodge a formal complaint with the Consumer Council in Hong Kong (https://www.consumer.org.hk) and the Small Claims Tribunal. The mediation process will determine that Lenovo are in breach of their warranty obligations under CAP 26 Sale of Goods Ordinance act and are possibly making false and misleading statements on their product datasheets.

This will also be posted on the forums and social media.

It is extremely disappointing that Lenovo wish to breach their warranty obligations and I certainly expected more from this company.

Regards,

Brett Silich

Admin note; post edited in accordance with the Community Guidelines.

erflesby
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,033
Message 102 of 220

Wow. That's is an outrageous claim. If you paid by credit card, dispute the charge now with your credit card company. Doc then in Lenovo as well.

thinkpadfreak
Token Ring
Views: 1,857
Message 103 of 220

Thanks for sharing your email conversation. That response is simply ridiculous.

Silichb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,815
Message 104 of 220

All. For those having the same issue if you can also post good quality photos up here of the screen and where the film is wearing/damaged then we can use this as a record of a common problem.

On a side night it isnt obvious that the film easily removable. Not sure if anyone has attempted?

Regards,

Brett

ineed
Punch Card
Views: 1,759
Message 105 of 220

We should also write all the websites, who tested the x1. So, they can write about it. Perhaps this might help?

majidessa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,530
Message 106 of 220

Hello again, the famous youtuber unbox therapy just reviewed our tablet, I think It would a good idea if we could raise the screen scratch problem by contacting him and leaving comments under his Video asking him to investigate the issue.

wditters
802.11n
Views: 1,448
Message 107 of 220

@majidessa wrote:

Hello again, the famous youtuber unbox therapy just reviewed our tablet, I think It would a good idea if we could raise the screen scratch problem by contacting him and leaving comments under his Video asking him to investigate the issue.

On itself a good idea (upon checking, the issue indeed has found its way into the comments) but reviewers don't usually get to keep their review units long enough to thoroughly test these things ... Will have a discussion with my Lenovo SPOC later today to see what the internal status is ..

Lenovo Premium Business Partner
X1 Tablet 3rd gen | i7-8650U | 16Gb | 1Tb | WWAN | W10 Pro x64 | Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Disinto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,423
Message 108 of 220

Got the same issue on my brand new X1 after a month and a half as well.

Reading this thread - this is outrageous. I can't believe this is happening. I've been using Surfaces for many years, and this has never happened...

Brandomeister
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,092
Message 109 of 220

I'm having the same exact issue... The service depot also said it was CID and billed me for ~$800 to replace the screen even though I've only had the device for less than 2 months (Black Friday weekend). I assured the reps that this was unacceptable, since I had kept the device protected from drops or any objects near the screen OTHER than the stylus and the keyboard. The rep said the keyboard most likely caused the damage... To which I replied that LENOVO made the keyboard... That's not our fault that the company manufactured an accessory that ruins the screen. The service rep agreed to cover the repair even though it's not a warranty fix. I'm pretty upset knowing that the screen is probably going to deteriorate again in a few short months... Ugh. It would be one thing if the device were cheap, but this to me is a flagship device!

EDIT: My case number is 407LCM8.

Silichb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,015
Message 110 of 220

All.

Can I suggest we share as much as possible but also each person incldued there case number on this forum so we can build up a record of the identical issues. My case number is #31402788.

If we can record as much factual information on here as possible, case numbers also then each person can also use this information when lodging complaints with their local "consumer watchdog"/"consumer complaints office".

Regards,

Brett

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors